Article re: new build/USA Today

msmillie

No worries Msmillie, we know your intent was genuine--just trying to help us learn more about the Explorer. (btw, off topic; grew up a few miles south of Los Gatos (i.e., Cupertino) spent many hours at Villa Montalvo and Vasona)

Regent/Prestige Cruise Holdings sources tell me, that soon PCH/Regent will release updated information on the Explorer build prospects. Explorer build details are still being finalized--but once complete--SSS (Seven Seas Society) members will be the first to receive Explorer build/progress news.

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

The PCH SEC filing in January, which outlined details of the proposed IPO, indicated that the Regent Seven Seas Explorer would have the same approximate gross tonnage as the two recent Oceania builds, Marina and Riviera. This makes sense when you think about it. PCH already has experience with that building out that platform in many ways.

Having sailed on the Marina several times, I'm really hoping that the Regent Seven Seas Explorer is the six star-luxury version of that upper premium class ship.