Are the hair dryers good on NCL Sun?

Kellyfkrc

No, they are horrible, the worst on any NCL ship. Old style with a fairly short hose that would be very hot when it touched your neck. Difficult to handle. We were stuck using it for a 19 day cruise. The next time we sailed on the Sun, we brought our own dryer.

I'm a guy with short hair and it didn't do much for me - granted I only used it because it was the most awkward placing of a hair dryer I've ever seen and thought it would be funny to see if I could blow dry my hair while I was sitting on the toilet (but not using said toilet) in case I needed to 'multi-task'.

Bring your own blow dryer! In our cabin the blow dryer hose would separate from the unit. Even when i wasn't using it. I purchased a small folding travel blow dryer that works well on my long hair.

If you are in balcony cabin or below, bring your own hairdryer!!

When we were on the 14 day South America cruise on the Sun I could not dry and style my hair with the box and hose hair dryer in the bathroom! I was lucky to find and buy a dual voltage hand hairdryer in a department store in the first port of call.

Earlier this year we were back on the Sun but in the Mini-Suite, and they have hand held hair dryers in the mini suites and above.

If you are in balcony cabin or below, bring your own hairdryer!!

When we were on the 14 day South America cruise on the Sun I could not dry and style my hair with the box and hose hair dryer in the bathroom! I was lucky to find and buy a dual voltage hand hairdryer in a department store in the first port of call.

Earlier this year we were back on the Sun but in the Mini-Suite, and they have hand held hair dryers in the mini suites and above.

Thanks so much for this info! Question - do I need a dual voltage dryer or will a US v work? Just checking to be sure. ;)