Pricing questions

northbird

I would like to book a cruise for Oct 2015 and am wondering if Celebrity will allow for price drops if the price of my cabin selection goes down prior to final payment? I have been on other cruise lines that honor this and it has saved me $$. Can anyone tell me when would be a good time to book a cruise this far in the future? I see there have been some promotions on the celebrity website but nothing offered for the particular cruise I am looking at in 2015. (Mediterranean on Reflection)

We need to know where you live to give a complete answer as there are different rules In The US and UK (asan example)

Very true, I forgot that all are not treated the same. I'll stand by my answer for those booking with North American travel agencies.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

One more thing to keep in mind, if your sailing sells well there is a chance it will not drop at all. We had friends that were going to go with us in Nov, but waited to book thinking the price would come down, it has not happened. It has sold very well and Veranda Gty's are now over $700 pp higher than last Jan, only 2B are showing.

If the current price is within budget, don't dawdle! :D

They did not honor our guarantee. Found the cruise on Expedia for $500 cheaper. At first did not even respond and finally when I did get someone to talk to they said they could not honor it because it was not on the Celebrity site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They did not honor our guarantee. Found the cruise on Expedia for $500 cheaper. At first did not even respond and finally when I did get someone to talk to they said they could not honor it because it was not on the Celebrity site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not every price is available for price drop, but you can just cancel and rebook on Expedia. Why not? Well, for one, you'll likely be part of their "group" which may mean different OBC or not being eligible for bonus CC points, early dates for deposits, etc.

You just have to decide what you'd like to do.

Happy sailing,

Jenna