How Strict Are They About Assigned Embarkation Times?

pepsi216

Hi everyone!

We're headed to Alaska on the Solstice on Friday (woohoo!). We just got an email (along with two text messages, a phone call, and a voice mail, yeesh) from X saying that to reduce congestion at Pier 91, they've assigned boarding times based on what cabin your deck is on. My question is, how strict are they on this? We're sailing with my in-laws and planned to board together, but our boarding times are 2 hours apart. We'd made plans to board around noon, which happens to be our assigned embarkation time, but not theirs. My MIL is in a wheelchair and we'd like to help her get on board, but if we all show up at noon and they deny her boarding, it'll be a pretty stink-o start to her vacation.

Thanks!

We have essentially ignored the boarding time period assigned to us on almost all of our cruises, and have never had any problems, but we have never boarded at Pier 91 in Seattle (we have boarded at Pier 66 in Seattle) so I have no idea about the facilities at that particular Seattle cruise terminal. And with your MIL in a wheelchair I suspect the boarding staff will not want to make her wait.

But if you are concerned, could you wait and board with them at the later time slot? Or just "split the difference" and show up at 1 PM.