Noro onboard the emerald???

bcnvcanada

Ahh a fellow Coventrian! Boots do an anti-viral hand foam and that seems to have kept me clear of any nasties though I am careful when leaving the loos and use a paper towel to open the door (as suggested!)

Hi Mike!

Don't want to hijack this thread, but it looks as if you'll be boarding the Grand the day I disembark. Shall I wave? :D

Susan

Hi Mike!

Don't want to hijack this thread, but it looks as if you'll be boarding the Grand the day I disembark. Shall I wave? :D

Susan

We could wave at you Susan! We will still be on UK time so up at 4am-ish, staying in the Crowne Plaza so will watch her sail in :)

A lot also comes from the crew.

Most comes from the embarking passengers. With up to 3500 new passengers on a Princess ship, that is 3500 chances at least one of them is carrying the 2nd most prevalent illness in the USA and does not know it yet.

I think that elevator buttons and stairway banisters are some of the "best" places to pick up the bug.

People need to remember that hand sanitizer does nothing to halt noro. Soap and water are your friends in that regard. It's like voting in Chicago, "wash early, wash often..."

Thrak, I hope someday to be on the same cruise, and actually meet you in person. I've enjoyed many of your posts. DW and I have a few rules when we cruise (yes I realize that not everyone can follow them). 1) No elevators. You want the food....you climb the stairs. 2) no touching the banisters (though this rule can be struck invalid in the case of rough seas).

So far we haven't fallen to the evil bug. Though have been on a couple of code red ships.

To the OP take care of yourself, watch your surroundings, and enjoy your cruise!

Counting down the days.