Dr Seuss Please help

Dorene1

Hi

I booked this as a Christmas gift for my children and my grandson. He loves Dr. Seuss and after doing extra reading I noticed it starts at age 2, he turned 1 June 20th and we are going on a cruise in Aug. Is there anything he can do with Dr. Suess? Can we do the breakfast? this will break not only his heart but mine as well.

Anyone know any information on this!!!

Thank You

Doree

I don't have an answer for you regarding the other activities but several people have said the brunch is all ages. I was hoping my baby (who will be 13 months when we cruise) can go to story time with her brother. I figure she'll at least be able to watch the parade. Not sure what else there is though.

when you board the ship one of the decks in the atrium will have a table set up. usually one with the bottomless bubbles and one with someone setting up the brunch. the gal doing it on the freedom told us that it normally fills up the first day so you will want to sign up early.

My understanding is Seussville, the brunch, the parade, and storytime are open to families. In all of the promos and on the official Seuss-at-Sea page it will reference things like "for young and old" and show adults participating with their children.

Here's the official Carnival Cruise promo video:

Here's the official Carnival Cruise Seuss-at-Sea page: http://www.carnival.com/seuss-at-sea.aspx

Our niece is an emerging reader, so we are also very excited for this program.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

He will be able to participate in all of it. We just got off the freedom last week and loved the Dr Suess Additions:

Booksville: is just a fun place for families to read Dr Suess books and play Dr Suess Board Games. Adult supervision is needed for this. This Area is right out side camp Ocean on the Freedom.

The Parade was on our 2nd sea day... And it was awesome. You meet in the aft Lounge and they pass out noise makers and big character signs. They play circus theme music which really gets people going. Then the cruise director comes out and teaches every one a chant and a march which is followed by the charactors coming out and leading the parade from the aft lounge to the main lounge. At the Main lounge all the kids go on stage for an interactive story. Skip the cruise director did a great job and when they say kids of all ages I do believe the parents were having as much fun as the kids.

The Breakfast was on the last sea day. You can reserve as place from your head waiter at dinner. It also was a blast the dinning room was decorated like suesville and they had a special menu that featured green eggs and ham of course. The charactors come out one at a time and the kids get their picture taken with them. There is a ship photographer taking photo but they also allow you to take your own. This is the only opportunity to take your own photo with the charactors and your kids. They also give the kid an autograph sheet and the charactors stamp it for them.

There is also a night where they have backdrops set up and the charactors are out to take photo that are sold the next day in the photo shop.

There are some other age appropriate Dr Suess events in camp ocean but none of those include the charactors.

In my opinion Carnival did a good job partnering with Dr Suess and its a great addition to the ships.

Is this available on Magic?

Not yet. It's only on Splendor, Freedom, Breeze, and Sunshine. Carnival hasn't released a full roll-out calendar, so no one knows which ship is getting it next.

For those wanting pictures...

A CruiseCritic editor just returned from an 8 night on the Freedom--here's some of her pictures and a link to the FB post. I think she's writing a review about the new children's areas and activities.

10393899_10152121945811767_8135575883447663440_n.jpg10441259_10152121944456767_7877873519860165119_n.jpg10473200_10152121947856767_5811812020268546438_n.jpg1623725_10152112186251767_7253752997411575561_n.jpg10345566_10152112164486767_5094111840067774015_n.jpg10482247_10152112159111767_460461649531472473_n.jpg

Edited by Carnival_Brides