!!!LIVE!!! from the Allure | Western Caribbean | 29 June 2014 | Pictures!!!

Would you know the name of the tour operator that handles RCI's Chichen Itza excursion? Unfortunately, during our sail date this excursion is not offered so we might have to book directly with the tour operator.

I gotcha in that last post. Tried purposely to get the company name for you and I actually remembered! Luis, our tour guide, was very friendly and informative.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Had every intention to post some Chichen Itza highlights that I uploaded to Photobucket last night but it appears the technology gods have failed me again. I'm getting some pressure to go get something to eat so may not be able to post until later. Thanks for your patience!

I must have been in coma this week not to see your review till now :P

Great job so far! I appreciate the shout out at the beginning too... always very appreciative of my fellow "live" reporters on here as these kind of reports take a tremendous amount of effort and time to do :)

I don't know how you do it. I saw from your last review you used IMG links from Facebook. I want to use Photobucket to host my pics since I'm paying for an account but it works half of the time - I think it has to do with the Surface Photobucket App.

Anyway, would love your ideas on what you do to be so successful in your live reviews. I might start a thread when I get home on tips and pointers for live reviews!

I don't know how you do it. I saw from your last review you used IMG links from Facebook. I want to use Photobucket to host my pics since I'm paying for an account but it works half of the time - I think it has to do with the Surface Photobucket App.

Anyway, would love your ideas on what you do to be so successful in your live reviews. I might start a thread when I get home on tips and pointers for live reviews!

Hmmm... I'm not a techno whiz but never heard of a surface photobucket app. I have photobucket plus on the laptop and post pictures from there. I think a thread might be a good idea for tips and pointers or when you get home you can email me. Let me know and I'll give you my email address if that would work

Hmmm... I'm not a techno whiz but never heard of a surface photobucket app. I have photobucket plus on the laptop and post pictures from there. I think a thread might be a good idea for tips and pointers or when you get home you can email me. Let me know and I'll give you my email address if that would work

consider it done. talk to you soon.

sent trying to use my HTC one smart phone

Hi mistermom! We will all finally meet at some point on the Allure. I think everyone has a bit of OCD including myself. I love the spreadsheet and would do one if I wasn't so tech impaired. Have been planning for months and I would rather be overpackd than under. Don't most of us like to have options:D?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

So glad to have met you! Even if briefly. :( How was your trip?

Greetings.

Suffering through almost-post-cruise-depression. LOL. Have the four suitcases out in the hallway and I'm just sitting in a corner of our stateroom rocking back and forth. :-)

Fly out of FLL tomorrow back to ATL. Plan to post a more thorough review with pics once back at home with full technology.

Regards,

D

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post from the Allure.

It helped us pass the time and get more excited for our sailing in 20 days.

Just looked at the FLL webcam, and the weather did not look travel friendly, hope it clears up.

Safe trip home.

Thanks again.

Sea Ya

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post from the Allure.

It helped us pass the time and get more excited for our sailing in 20 days.

Just looked at the FLL webcam, and the weather did not look travel friendly, hope it clears up.

Safe trip home.

Thanks again.

Sea Ya

thanks so much lioness. weather IS kinda crummy which matches my mood - the start of post-cruise depression. LOL

I have tons of pics and videos to sort through so more to come!

Is Katie still the activities manager on the Allure or is it someone else? We have seen Katie on several ships and are hoping to see her again on the Allure in August. Since you mentioned the activities manager at the meet n mingle, I though I would ask! Thanks!

So jealous you are on the Allure and I have to work all week! :)

Zach is the Activities Manager right now on Allure. DH and I were also on Allure for the 6/29 sailing. He and Allan Brooks (CD) should still be on the ship in August depending upon when you are cruising. I believe they just got there in mid June and will be there about 2 months, from what I understand.

Zach is very high energy; he handled the Meet and Mingle event. I just wish that he would have given every cruiser who was at the Meet N'Mingle to introduce themselves so that the other cruisers who had been participating in the on line thread to get to know who was who -- handing out name tags -- just doesn't do it. Yes, the introductions would have cut into the time for the 'company news and info' a little bit, but the Meet N'Mingle should be for the cruisers who have interacted online together -- IMO.

We enjoyed the balcony, took a nap in the room and are now enjoying some Park Cafe goodies under a crystal canopy.

2eqyzuna.jpg

The tunes of the steel drums coming from the pool deck are lovely! Still lots of folks wandering around in awe of this wonderful class of cruise ships.

Derrell just enjoyed the famous CP Cafe roast beef but devoured it before I could get a pic!

A bag of actual chips? Wow !!

Did you pack those or are they available on board?

We usually pack some in our suitcase as the soggy plain ones that are usually given on other lines just don't do the trick when I'm in need of a salty snack!

Edited by vacation_junkie

A bag of actual chips? Wow !!

Did you pack those or are they available on board?

We usually pack some in our suitcase as the soggy plain ones that are usually given just don't do the trick when I'm in need of a salty snack!

Bags of chips are available at Park Cafe.

It’s been a struggle to decide whether or not to do a LIVE review on the world’s largest cruise ship, especially following the excellent other live reviews by Bugsy4271 and others. Of course, who can forget Swim13’s and Gambee’s reviews?! Shout out! I make no claims that this review will be anywhere near the quality of these that have gone before me.

I am Dan, traveling with my partner of 15 years, Derrell, BFF of 25 years, Lindsey, and the true star of this review, Aunt Linda. More about Aunt Linda later but, in summary, she’s special needs but very high functioning. She LOVES cruising. She says some very funny stuff that I sometimes post on Facebook and she has quite the following with my friends.

DSC07759_zpsd5f03321.jpg

We booked this trip 14 February 2014, a little late, in my opinion. Originally, we had two D4 connecting Superior Oceanview balconies. However, with one of the recent sales, Junior Suites opened up so I nabbed those at the same fare as the balconies, still connecting and on Deck 8 9 (Central Park). I’m thrilled at these choices because they’re on a hump (large balcony) and also on the starboard side of the ship. I prefer this side of the ship since they look into the ports. I can look at the ocean while we’re sailing so prefer to see the ports while docked. I also purchased a GoPro Hero3+ black edition and will try to film approaches and sail aways. No promises on posting them or the quality as I have NO video editing experience.

Hello, my name is Dan and I’m addicted to cruising.

Seeing as our last cruise was on the Oasis in June of last year, I have been jonesing for this cruise for quite some time. I have obsessed over reviews, Cruise Compasses, YouTube videos, etc so I can plan for this trip. I usually find that I over-plan and end up not doing half the stuff I wanted to because I get on the ship and just want to relax. Since this is our 3rd trip on an Oasis class, I’ll detail some Allure-specific features but for a more detailed Oasis class photo experience, check out my Oasis photo review.

Many folks have great spreadsheet planners. I like kicking it up a notch and using my work Outlook account so I can send invites to Derrell and Lindsey that syncs with their smartphones. We all know what’s planned and when. Given Linda’s OCD-type tendencies, this method also helps us stay on time as I have OCD tendencies, too!

Here is what our plan is (please don’t stalk us onboard):

Presentation1_zpsfe6371cd.jpg

Thanks for posting this.

I was starting to make a calendar of my own and wondering about how to work the shows into it.

Your schedule looks a lot like I'd set for us! It gives me a start for planning and booking dinners / Shows when our reservations open up!

My Analysis Paralysis Syndrome thanks you :D

I've enjoyed your review so far and look forward to the rest to come. Can't wait til November to see this beautiful ship. We are on the eastern route so will just have to do the western next. :p Thank you for all the time you put into this!

Barb

Hello friends-

I've been (slowly) getting over my P.C.D. and settling in back home, trying to get the pups back in a rhythm. I've managed to cull through at least Day 1's embarkation pics and would like to share them with you!

(I make no promises to get my other ones up in a timely manner, but I'm gonna' try!)

As mentioned earlier, we stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66. This is the view from the hotel entry to the control booth on the 17th St bridge.

33782562_zpsf9119e6f.jpg

I can see the lady from the same location!

33687261_zps254648bf.jpg

We used the hotel shuttle service at $7 per person. Our driver was actually the gentleman who took us to Lips the night before! He was very courteous of Linda and her cautious entry to the van which was a very large, comfortable Mercedes Sprinter. Here's the view of the lady from 17th street.

33601258_zps3a34f500.jpg

As we entered Port Everglades, I can't help but to get excited seeing her up close (even if the pics are the obligatory "through the glass" shots)!

33515941_zps91181f48.jpg

33439843_zps7f09baa2.jpg

33354948_zps1ae0c0a9.jpg

Sooo close!

33279568_zps9dc0ea49.jpg

I'm not sure why I'm fascinated with signage but I LOVE seeing these signs (as opposed to the ones on DEbarkation day. Sigh....)

Enough about that!

33210054_zps56105f19.jpg

33151569_zpsd64faf21.jpg

33093303_zps78bc7a6b.jpg

REALLY excited about this sign as it's a first for us (even if just a LOWLY junior suite)!!!

33016394_zpse9802e30.jpg

After being chastised for filming my first "bing" as we're checked in, we approach the "jet"way!

Embark1_zpsf7e33e4d.jpg

This view gets me excited looking at it!

Embark2_zps835b15ac.jpg

Turnaround day and a slew of new crew boarding.

Embark3_zps5a170a98.jpg

The final ramp

Embark4_zps40ccb786.jpg

Almost there...

Embark5_zps32da46d1.jpg

Almost.....

Embark6_zpsb4075f61.jpg