PediaSure questions

Tashak

I'm a little worried about not being able to take extra liquids but I've seen talk of people taking a note from their child's doctor stating they need it making it a little bit easier. Anyone taken pediasure lately?

Should we have any problems taking it on and off the ship? As long as it's not open it shouldn't be an issue, right?

Does you child have some sort of medical issue? Not sure why you need pediasure for a normal, healthy child.

If you want to bring some, "just in case", go ahead. No cruiseline cares about that. It's alcohol they watch out for.

I'm a little worried about not being able to take extra liquids but I've seen talk of people taking a note from their child's doctor stating they need it making it a little bit easier. Anyone taken pediasure lately?

Should we have any problems taking it on and off the ship? As long as it's not open it shouldn't be an issue, right?

It shouldn't be a problem. If you're flying, you should pack it in your suitcase. Better than that, when you get to your embarkation city the day before (which you should plan to do anyway), you can stop at a store for anything you didn't want to pack in your suitcase.

It shouldn't be a problem. If you're flying' date=' you should pack it in your suitcase. Better than that, when you get to your embarkation city the day before (which you should plan to do anyway), you can stop at a store for anything you didn't want to pack in your suitcase.[/quote']

We are flying and getting in a day ahead to do just what you said.

I was mainly wondering about the ship, both getting the ok to take it aboard and taking it off and back on at different ports. I tend to bring an extra one or two with us for the time we will off the boat just to make sure we don't run out and want to be certain that I can get any unopened containers back on the ship with no issues.

To the other poster, it shouldn't matter why I asked the question, no back story was needed. But, if you read the part of getting a note from his doctor saying we need it, that should clue you in.

Edited by Tashak

We took everything we needed for our son on RCCL a couple weeks ago and nobody even batted an eye. I also requested a fridge (a real one since the room ones are just "coolers") and it arrived the first day. My son drinks a drink like PediaSure and eats a lot of string cheese and baby food pouches still so we brought it all with. He doesn't eat well and struggles with gaining weight, so his things we took were basically for medical reasons. I almost asked for a doctors note, but decided not to. If somebody wanted to try and take away my toddlers food, he'd have screamed at them. LOL. We drove to port so getting it there wasn't a problem. But I packed his drinks and food in a duffel that we carried on with us and it worked out great. One more thing to carry, but I didn't mind at all.

Thank you all!

Beckster42, I'm sorry that your son struggles as well. Our sons weight recently started dropping, which is why we switched to pediasure. One of these days we might find out why he can't eat solids until then this will have to do.

Tashak, I hope your cruise goes well and that you enjoy every minute. On a positive note, our son has been eating better than ever after we got back from our cruise 2 weeks ago! He used to eat like a bird and now he shovels food in. We can't figure out why. Must have been the Caribbean air and the endless cruise ship food options!!