Question about buckets of beer

Can I buy a bucket of beer and ask the bartender to not open all of them so I can enjoy some in the room later?

Absolutely. It's your bucket-o-beer to use when/where you want. Your room steward can even help you with ice to keep it cold.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Can I buy a bucket of beer and ask the bartender to not open all of them so I can enjoy some in the room later?

Generally, they don't open ANY of them unless you ask. They do give you an opener so that you can open them whenever...and whereever...you want.

When my friends bought a bucket o beer and kept it in the room, our steward replaced the ice every day. They got a bottle opener, too.

This was on Gem and Breakaway so I would expect this for any NCL ship.

When my friends bought a bucket o beer and kept it in the room, our steward replaced the ice every day. They got a bottle opener, too.

This was on Gem and Breakaway so I would expect this for any NCL ship.

You can also simply put the beers into the refrigerator so you don't have to worry about replacing the ice every day.

Beer! Great topic :) Few questions (I'm on the breakaway).

1) Can you get any IPA in the bucket of beer special?

2) Can you mix/match the beer in the bucket?

I think there is a certain level/cost of beer you can choose from, so possibly not ANY IPA. But I can confirm that YES, you can mix/match the beer in the bucket. My friends usually get 2 each of 3 different things.

In the past, we've enjoyed the buckets of Michelob Ultra. They came in 16oz heavy aluminum bottles. For some reason, they tasted better and colder than the Mich Ultra I buy at home. I have never seen those for purchase anywhere other than on the ship. Really hope they still have those in September!

In the past, we've enjoyed the buckets of Michelob Ultra. They came in 16oz heavy aluminum bottles. For some reason, they tasted better and colder than the Mich Ultra I buy at home. I have never seen those for purchase anywhere other than on the ship. Really hope they still have those in September!

Beer always tastes better on vacation! :D