Just back from 6/22 Summit to Bermuda

mrstravel

I could have written this myself. I agree 100%. The buffet was awkward and difficult to maneuver, especially if you wanted a salad or stir fry where you had to choose things from the back, absolutely impossible. I actually felt these dishes made for much more waste since the portions were quite large and there were a variety of items in each and you may want only one of those items, everyone does not eat the same way. The eggs in the proportioned eggs with bacon and sausage were just disgusting and raw. Pizza was an issue for my entire cruise, they couldn't keep up with the pizza demand at all.

And as for Nestor, he is our favorite and cannot be missed. He was the best entertainment on board.

I would have to agree about the awkward buffet. I didn't care for it at all and I am hoping the next time I sail on the Summit things will improve. I am a little disappointed that some things are still the same, the same complaints seem to be surfacing over and over. I agree about the waste, the pre plated meals are too large and I would rather choose what I want on my plate not the three things someone thought would work well together. What happens is the excess food or the item I didn't want on my plate in the first place would go to the trash. As far as germs, I am a germaphobe, so my first reaction when I saw the new buffet was that it might cut down on germs. After thinking this through, I believe that there are germs everywhere and if you don't pick them up from a spoon at the buffet you will pick them up pulling out your chair or using the condiments, for example. Bottom line, we need to wash our hands before we eat.. I carry wipes with me…

One thing that was difficult too with the buffet particularly at breakfast was not having mayo packets available. They had a bowl you could scoop from, but it was inconvenient to get a big plate just for that. We ended up using a coffee cup lid. I could have asked a server, but they were busy and I was ready to eat my breakfast sandwich while it was hot. No biggie, but an inconvenience.

We were on this cruise too. It was our first Celebrity cruise after 5 on Princess, 2 on RC and 1 on Carnival.

We absolutely loved it. We thought the food in main dining room was the best we have had on any cruise. The buffet took a bit of getting used to but overall we though it was great. I liked the many options offered. The stir fry, pasta, and salad bar in the buffet were all top notch. The runny eggs….not so much. I grew to love the plastic barriers on the buffet as it made it comparatively clean next to the buffets i've seen on other ships.

The pizza bar did seem to struggle keeping up during busy times, with lines most of the time.

We had an ocean view room and it was extra large and perfect for out needs. Our room steward and waiter were perfect

Bermuda was awesome and so was the weather…all week long. We hope to be going back on the Summit next year

The only odd thing we saw was this princess walking around with her poodle. Very strange to see her at the carving station getting roast beef for her dog. Also a pool guy got her and her male friend two lounge chairs and jammed them in by the pool after it was all full. Some folks didn't appreciate that at all. Her the friend and the dog were also at the late night burlesque show where the comedian was ridiculing them.

Edited by Puckhog

The only odd thing we saw was this princess walking around with her poodle. Very strange to see her at the carving station getting roast beef for her dog. Also a pool guy got her and her male friend two lounge chairs and jammed them in by the pool after it was all full. Some folks didn't appreciate that at all. Her the friend and the dog were also at the late night burlesque show where the comedian was ridiculing them.

We saw her too! Who was she? One night we walked the outdoor deck (promenade?). She had her dog just running loose there while she was smoking a cigarette. When she saw us coming she decided to get a selfie of herself and her dog, complete with hair tossing.... But she was looking right at us as if we should be in awe.

I didn't recognize her, but apparently she is somebody "important".

I saw the woman and her dog as well. She paraded into the dining room one night with the captain to eat at his table. I have no idea who she was.

We were on this cruise as well, and mysterious lady with the dog was the aerialist from the shows. We were also surprised to see her carry a dog around the ship...and disappointed the dog was not part of the arial act :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on this cruise as well, and mysterious lady with the dog was the aerialist from the shows. We were also surprised to see her carry a dog around the ship...and disappointed the dog was not part of the arial act :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have never guessed that one. Do you remember the name of her? She certainly played the celebrity part well.... No pun intended. :)

How about solarium? - New plastic chairs or wooden with cushions?

Sorry, I never used the Solarium except to pass through and didn't notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got off of this sailing as well - it was terrific! We had an amazing time. Funny thing is that we saw the woman and her dog around the ship often and kept trying to figure out who she was. I can't imagine she was really the aerialist? I think she was staying in the Penthouse. It definitely added to the conversations around the pool!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for the updates. Very surprised and disappointed to hear about the new lounge chairs. We spend a great deal of time by the Pool, and enjoyed the comfortable loungers (with cushions !) that Celebrity has provided over the years. I suppose the Solarium might be an option, but on our last Eclipse sailing, it was *very* chilly in there, and was told they could not do anything about it.

I'm glad to hear that Celebrity has purchased new loungers, but I sure hope they plan to add cushions in the near future.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for the updates. Very surprised and disappointed to hear about the new lounge chairs. We spend a great deal of time by the Pool, and enjoyed the comfortable loungers (with cushions !) that Celebrity has provided over the years. I suppose the Solarium might be an option, but on our last Eclipse sailing, it was *very* chilly in there, and was told they could not do anything about it.

I'm glad to hear that Celebrity has purchased new loungers, but I sure hope they plan to add cushions in the near future.

Hi Host Andy,

They really weren't that bad - at least not bad enough to keep anyone away! The pool was packed for the majority of the cruise and often there was not one empty, unsaved lounger to be found! The weather on this sailing was great, so it was only a good thing.

The temperature on the Summit was pretty well-maintained too. I didn't find any areas too cold, as I have on other ships.

How about solarium? - New plastic chairs or wooden with cushions?

Funny thing is that I have no idea if they had anything other than the wooden ones. I always searched for the wooden ones. They were so comfy.

I just got off of this sailing as well - it was terrific! We had an amazing time. Funny thing is that we saw the woman and her dog around the ship often and kept trying to figure out who she was. I can't imagine she was really the aerialist? I think she was staying in the Penthouse. It definitely added to the conversations around the pool!

I thought it was funny that she might be the aerialist, because we saw her smoking pretty intensely on deck. Not that you can't do that stuff and smoke....I am not a smoker, so I don't know, but if she can puff away and then go do all the tricks that she was doing in those shows, she is something else. :rolleyes:

Hi Host Andy,

They really weren't that bad - at least not bad enough to keep anyone away! The pool was packed for the majority of the cruise and often there was not one empty, unsaved lounger to be found! The weather on this sailing was great, so it was only a good thing.

The temperature on the Summit was pretty well-maintained too. I didn't find any areas too cold, as I have on other ships.

I agree with this. The pool was a busy place. Often we had to find a place at the very front of the ship. There were just no loungers left near the pool....even on the upper deck above the pool. I did not really find the loungers uncomfortable. I might if I had back issues or something, but they were not bad to me.

I was so happy with the temp on the ship. My sons thought it was too warm, but I never felt like I had to bundle up in the evening like I have on so many other cruises. The stateroom was very comfortable too.

We had aft cabin 8172, and I have to say that it is the best aft balcony of any ship I have sailed. We always get aft balconies when possible. I love to get up in the morning and do the treadmill, and then I grab a towel and do my plank workout on the balcony. Nothing better to exercise to than the sound of the wake and the beauty of the blue ocean.

I thought it was funny that she might be the aerialist, because we saw her smoking pretty intensely on deck. Not that you can't do that stuff and smoke....I am not a smoker, so I don't know, but if she can puff away and then go do all the tricks that she was doing in those shows, she is something else. :rolleyes:

So true!! I didn't see her smoking, but I could imagine it must have kept her from eating all of the delicious food. She was the size of my pinky...

I agree with this. The pool was a busy place. Often we had to find a place at the very front of the ship. There were just no loungers left near the pool....even on the upper deck above the pool. I did not really find the loungers uncomfortable. I might if I had back issues or something, but they were not bad to me.

I was so happy with the temp on the ship. My sons thought it was too warm, but I never felt like I had to bundle up in the evening like I have on so many other cruises. The stateroom was very comfortable too.

We had aft cabin 8172, and I have to say that it is the best aft balcony of any ship I have sailed. We always get aft balconies when possible. I love to get up in the morning and do the treadmill, and then I grab a towel and do my plank workout on the balcony. Nothing better to exercise to than the sound of the wake and the beauty of the blue ocean.

We were on deck 8 too, but mid-ship. The only place I thought it was a bit warm was on the stairs going up towards the pool/Oceanview. The big doors must have been letting air in. I've heard great things about the aft balconies. We had a nice sized one...I even thought that I should quickly take up yoga because it would have been a great spot.

Glad to hear you had a great cruise also! Did your sons play basketball at all? I couldn't get mine off of the court!

Hi Host Andy,

Thank you SunnyAJ. Keeping fingers crossed that the loungers will be fine !

Was on this cruise as well. We had a great time! Weather was fantastic, and the bartenders can make a STRONG drink (what more could you ask for) :D In all honesty, it was myself, my wife, and our two friends. We are all in our 20s and enjoyed it immensely. The only thing lacking was some more entertainment options (different comedians, night shows more often, etc.,). However, it really didn't matter as we were tuckered out most nights from being in the sun, drinking, running around, etc., My wife and I are VERY happy we changed from 6132 to 6146 a few weeks before sailing. Dominic our butler was AWESOME. Such a nice guy, super friendly, and so helpful. Being right back by the penthouse was nice. There was only one older couple in the whole thing so it was very quiet.

We also saw the mystery lady one night. Interesting to say the least.

Loved our captain, too.

Put together a video of our trip I'll post here when finished.

Oh, and Bermuda is now our official #1 spot (we'be been to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Punta Cana, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk).

Petesfamily, we've sailed with Jordan 3 times and he is wonderful, charming, entertaining and you can tell he loves performing. Enjoyed having drinks in the Rendezvous Lounge and listening to Jordan. Please don't listen to that other poster.

Sent from my Nexus 7

We saw your son playing many times last week on the Summit and there was always a large appreciative gathering watching him. We joked that he never seemed to get any time off, he was always performing.