Review: Carnival Dream 12/2013 (better late than never)

JennN

Loved your review. Thank you. Your report makes my wait seem even longer. We are leaving on October 19. Can't wait for that first drink of the day and cheeries jubile.

Yay!!! Enjoy the cruise! I know it seems so long but it will be here before you know it.

Thanks for your review. My wife and I, plus extended family, will be on the Dream in January. We just got off the Victory Saturday and we are already looking forward to our next cruise!!

How did you like the Victory? We sail on her in February! :D:D

How did you like the Victory? We sail on her in February! :D:D

We loved the Victory. It was the biggest ship we've been on so we saw a few more lines (Lido and tender) but besides that the crowds seemed the same. It was the worst MDR experience in all of our 5 cruises. Main waiter ignored us until night three, food was just OK, very slow service, but it didn't ruin our cruise. Our ports (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau) were all wonderful. You'll have a terrific time. Thanks again for the Dream review.

We loved the Victory. It was the biggest ship we've been on so we saw a few more lines (Lido and tender) but besides that the crowds seemed the same. It was the worst MDR experience in all of our 5 cruises. Main waiter ignored us until night three, food was just OK, very slow service, but it didn't ruin our cruise. Our ports (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau) were all wonderful. You'll have a terrific time. Thanks again for the Dream review.

Good to know. We do YTD but if we don't like the wait staff, we switch and when we find a good staff, we request them each time. The Victory cruise will be a short one (Cozumel and the Keys) but we;re excited. Apparently, we're the last cruise before it goes into dry dock!

Loving this review. We are booked on the Dream for December and have Your Time Dining. Did they have tables for two? All the pictures I've seen of the Crimson Dining Room show large tables. Thanks!!

Loving this review. We are booked on the Dream for December and have Your Time Dining. Did they have tables for two? All the pictures I've seen of the Crimson Dining Room show large tables. Thanks!!

Yes! We always asked to be seated alone at dinner (DW doesn't like talking to strangers as it makes her uncomfortable and anxious) and they accommodated both when we were just 2 and then when my MIL started joining us at three people! Enjoy yourself!!!

I really enjoyed your review! We're going on the Dream in April, so I'm reading every review I can find about her. I absolutely love Cozumel, that beach looked nice that you went to. Have you ever been to Nachi? It's not through Carnival, but they offer private palapas, all food and drinks inlcuded, swim up bar, hammocks, and they only allow 100 people per day. There are pics in my review, link in my signature.

I'm so sorry you and your wife were sick, that sucks, but it seems like you still had a great cruise. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

DAY 1 CONT'D

As I promised, onto the spa. After throwing our bags down and putting a few things away, we decided to tour the spa. We had never been to a spa before on board, save passing through it to go to the gym so we were uber excited, especially after reading so many reviews about the spa, the rooms, the Thessahoweveryouspellit pool!

My wife & I did a spa balcony on the Magic and it's going to be hard to cruise in anything other than a spa deck room again. We spent a LOT of time using those facilities. We didn't notice the cleanliness issues you did while on the Magic. But if we weren't in the Spa facilities, we were up on the Serenity deck. There's entire sections of the ship we never got to because we were too content to move.

Also: love your photos. :)

I really enjoyed your review! We're going on the Dream in April, so I'm reading every review I can find about her. I absolutely love Cozumel, that beach looked nice that you went to. Have you ever been to Nachi? It's not through Carnival, but they offer private palapas, all food and drinks inlcuded, swim up bar, hammocks, and they only allow 100 people per day. There are pics in my review, link in my signature.

I'm so sorry you and your wife were sick, that sucks, but it seems like you still had a great cruise. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

I haven't been as we prefer to book excursions through Carnival having missed ports and for my wife's piece of mind. However, we're going back to Cozumel in February so I will have to look into it!!! Thanks for the tip

My wife & I did a spa balcony on the Magic and it's going to be hard to cruise in anything other than a spa deck room again. We spent a LOT of time using those facilities. We didn't notice the cleanliness issues you did while on the Magic. But if we weren't in the Spa facilities, we were up on the Serenity deck. There's entire sections of the ship we never got to because we were too content to move.

Also: love your photos. :)

First, I LOVE your name, hahaha

I have to agree - we spent a lot of time in the spa as well and missed entire sections of the boat!!! The fact that we were sick and in bed early too didn't help matters.

Thanks for commenting and for the compliments!