Lobster Tails Apparently Gone on NCL

MATHA531

I love lobster, but could careless if they serve it. This has to be the biggest and dumbest topic on CC. I've never seen so many people care about whether one certain food is served. Its crazy to me but to each their own.:confused::confused:

I kind of agree with you but I'll tell you why I care. I've been cruising for a while and I live on the West Coast where the really good Maine lobster is very expensive. Going out to dinner and ordering lobster is a luxury for our family. But we always knew that we could have as many helpings as we wanted on our cruise. It was special. It was a treat. It was something we looked forward too. We didn't care if it had been frozen, thawed, steamed or broiled. I don't know what the other cruise lines are doing but up to now was always able to order lobster at least one night in the main dining room without charge. No lobster will not stop me from cruising but I will sigh nostalgically and remember when lobster (however good or bad) was served.

I always felt like the lobster tails were tough, and the size of a jumbo shrimp. I won't miss them. They don't make or break a cruise for me. I can go to City Island and get a whole lobster, freshly steamed, and it tastes much better than any lobster I ever had on a cruise.

I also don't understand why so many people complain that NCL nickels and dimes everyone. I'm happy to pay a lower cruise fare and choose how to spend my money onboard, rather than pay a lot more for other people to be able to have those things for "free" when I'm not even utilizing them. I think a lot of people just like the concept of "all -inclusive" because they feel like everything is "free".

Unless the lobsters are the size of the ones from City Island (are huge by the way), I'm not missing much. I'll miss the escargots, shrimp cocktails, sushi and cheese platter more than I do lobster. Never thought I would miss spicy tuna and plain salmon rolls so much til I got on the Carnival Splendor and they didn't have a sushi bar or buffet option except for one night in the MDR and it was a appretizer...