Last Day Tour and Transport to Airport

lindaa

Hi all

We have booked a Holland disembarkation tour in Buenos Aires with a drop off at the airport that afternoon. The tour notes that the tour is only available for people with flights departing after 8:30pm. Well all was good when we booked the excursion but now our airline notified us our flight departure time has been changed to 8:10pm. We are typically sticklers for the rules but we are wondering if we would still be able to take the tour and make our flight? I don't know if it matters but we are flying business class which might get us through the security lines quicker? We have never flown out of Buenos Aires before and appreciate everyone's input. Thanks in advance!

Hi all

We have booked a Holland disembarkation tour in Buenos Aires with a drop off at the airport that afternoon. The tour notes that the tour is only available for people with flights departing after 8:30pm. Well all was good when we booked the excursion but now our airline notified us our flight departure time has been changed to 8:10pm. We are typically sticklers for the rules but we are wondering if we would still be able to take the tour and make our flight? I don't know if it matters but we are flying business class which might get us through the security lines quicker? We have never flown out of Buenos Aires before and appreciate everyone's input. Thanks in advance!

I think you should be O.K. especially since you are travelling business class. Buenos Aires happens to have some of the longest check-in deadlines (4-5 hours before flight) so you should check with your particular airline to see what they say. Also ask about location of the Business Class check-in desk as sometimes these are located away from the Economy lines.

I did a HAL tour/transfer for Santiago earlier this year and one of the hardest things was trying to find my suitcases after the bus dropped us off. Suitcases were sent by truck to the airport earlier in the day and there were at least a couple of hundred. The economy lines were horrible, but I eventually found someone to tell me where business class was (hence my suggestion above). Business class turned out to be quite a ways from the regular lines, had it's own lobby, and its own security check line!

I would also contact HAL Shore Ex folk to ask at what time they expect to arrive at the airport.

And lastly it may depend on how many other ships are disembarking passengers the same day as they can make the airport even crazier. You can use a website such as this one to determine that: http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-buenos-aires-argentina.html

My experience with a HAL tour/transfer in BA was somewhat different, so it may depend on the nature and length of the tour.

My tour ended at a HAL hospitality suite in a hotel not far from the airport; we were dropped off early afternoon.

We had our luggage with us, which was then checked in to a locked room. We were sent upstairs to an area of meeting rooms and corridors. There were little things to eat and drink, and the people in charge took note of when we needed to leave to make our flights. We were called for our shuttles, and claimed our luggage, in plenty of time to head to the airport.

Check to see how long your tour is, and what the plans are afterward. You may very well have plenty of time to make your flight.

Thanks for the great advice. The tour drops us off at the airport at 4:30pm and Delta recommends that we arrive 3 hours before the flight at BA. So with an 8:15pm departure we should be just fine I think. Thanks again!!!:)

I did the Tango tour and our baggage was loaded into the basement of our bus. My flight wasn't until 10:30 and we arrived before we could even do the check in At the kiosks at EZE. I think it was around 6:00p.