Ideas for What to Do?

sunflower47

We have about 4 hours from the time we disembark until we have to be at the airport (the airlines changed our flight from an 8:50pm to a 4:45 pm departure). We are having Hertz pick us up at the port so hopefully we get into a rental quickly.

With only about 4 hours (or less) any suggestions of what to do? Don't want to venture too far from the area now. Maybe just South Beach for lunch?

Any real "must sees" for a quick visit.

What port? If Miami, then yes South Beach for lunch along Ocean Dr. There will be enough time to stroll and people watch too. Doubt you'll have enough time to Lincoln Road too.

Edited by eandj

What port? If Miami, then yes South Beach for lunch along Ocean Dr. There will be enough time to stroll and people watch too. Doubt you'll have enough time to Lincoln Road too.

Thanks and yes it is Miami. Sorry, left out that minor detail :p

If you only have four hours, don't bother with a rental car; just take a cab to MB and another one to the airport.

That does make sense and obviously the easiest/quickest thing but the rental only costs $70 and is a place to store our luggage while we eat/walk around.

What would the costs of 2 cab rides plus tips be? $43 + tips?

That does make sense and obviously the easiest/quickest thing but the rental only costs $70 and is a place to store our luggage while we eat/walk around.

What would the costs of 2 cab rides plus tips be? $43 + tips?

!

Yes, I'd stay with a rental.

What about touring Vizcaya and then lunch at the Rusty Pelican on Key Biscayne?

South Beach is always a fun stop and lunch and people watching at News Café is a lot of fun!

Cabs to S Beach and then back to the airport and luggage concerns would make the rental worth it to me. Even if you could send your bags ahead as some ships offer, the cost I think is around $20 a bag.

Cabs to S Beach and then back to the airport and luggage concerns would make the rental worth it to me. Even if you could send your bags ahead as some ships offer, the cost I think is around $20 a bag.

Usually $20 per passenger, not per bag. The airline bag fees are another story! :mad: