Glory - Help choosing Aft Wrap Vista Balcony

LegalCat

Hi everyone, booking on the Glory for the first time... interested in booking a wrap (vista) balcony with an aft balcony next to it... I'm thinking 7 so I'm in between two cabin floors.. but any suggestions? I'm booking far enough advanced so that I think I have my choice of any of them.... any bigger than others? I'm taking 8 people (4 in insides and 2 in the wrap and 2 in the aft next to the wrap) so I'd like some nice balcony space to hang out....

My personal vote is for deck 8 starboard. The deck 8 aft wraps have the largest balconies on the ship. There's little noise from above on the starboard side since there's only an ice cream station above. However, you do need to check whether the divider between the wrap and the aft cabin can be opened - I think it may not open (that was our experience booking those cabins on Conquest). However, the starboard cabin immediately forward of the wrap is an amazing cabin with a huge balcony. We have this cabin and the wrap booked for us and our sons on our upcoming Glory cruise, and we did it a couple of years ago as well. It gives you both sun and shade, and when you open the divider between the cabins it is absolutely amazing.:cool:

Edited by nybumpkin

Hi,

In August we'll be in an Aft Wrap on Deck 7 (Empress) Port side. I wanted Starboard, but that cabin was taken, even though I booked in January!

My husband and I loved this cabin/large balcony on our vacation in 2012. We had booed Deck 7 on that cruise too. Perfect location...for us. This trip I plan to have our early morning breakfast on the balcony. This will be our 1st trip on Glory BTW.

:)

We have the aft, the aft wrap and the bowling alley stateroom next to it booked (so the whole corner of the ship) on Deck 7 in Sept.

I was told that the divider between the aft and the wrap can't be opened due to the door position. When the divider is opened the door to one of the cabins can't be accessed apparently. The divider between the wrap and the bowling alley can be opened and results in a extra big balcony.

Thanks everyone for your info :)

So I ended up booking on 7 because I hadn't seen any responses yet... Completely my fault, I waited too long to make the post and then I was pressed to make a decision...

I booked 7440 which is the aft wrap and then 7434 which is the balcony right next to it...

I've been assured the divider between 7440 and 7434 do open and I saw a video on YouTube with someone who booked both rooms and had it open...

Heres my concern.. from the YouTube video, the balcony looks VERY narrow.. all the sun beds are sideways and it just looks long but tight....

This is the video:

Am I being worried over nothing?

My personal vote is for deck 8 starboard. The deck 8 aft wraps have the largest balconies on the ship. There's little noise from above on the starboard side since there's only an ice cream station above. However, you do need to check whether the divider between the wrap and the aft cabin can be opened - I think it may not open (that was our experience booking those cabins on Conquest). However, the starboard cabin immediately forward of the wrap is an amazing cabin with a huge balcony. We have this cabin and the wrap booked for us and our sons on our upcoming Glory cruise, and we did it a couple of years ago as well. It gives you both sun and shade, and when you open the divider between the cabins it is absolutely amazing.:cool:

I agree. I had the Deck 7 Starboard aft wrap on Glory last year with friends in the next two balconies going forward. Needless to say we had all the dividers open and had quite the party deck for sailaway! :)

So I ended up booking on 7 because I hadn't seen any responses yet... Completely my fault, I waited too long to make the post and then I was pressed to make a decision...

I booked 7440 which is the aft wrap and then 7434 which is the balcony right next to it...

I've been assured the divider between 7440 and 7434 do open and I saw a video on YouTube with someone who booked both rooms and had it open...

Heres my concern.. from the YouTube video, the balcony looks VERY narrow.. all the sun beds are sideways and it just looks long but tight....

This is the video:

The balcony is sort of narrow but I don't think you will have any problems. I had no problems arranging the lounge chair to get sun out there. It is a great cabin for sure and it has spoiled me into booking aft wraps. I have an aft wrap booked this year on the Breeze and next year on the Splendor.

This is the video:

These are two of the 3 rooms we have booked in Sept. Not sure when you are sailing but I am happy to post some pictures when I get back or check anything for you if you like

These are two of the 3 rooms we have booked in Sept. Not sure when you are sailing but I am happy to post some pictures when I get back or check anything for you if you like

That would be really awesome, I'm not sailing till next year September.. We booked this far in advance because there are 8 people going and I wanted to give everyone lots of notice lol

I think at this point I'm "stuck" with the cabins but I am sure they will be fantastic!! :) I've never met a cabin I didn't like, I just wish they were a bit deeper (the balconies) as they look super narrow... I'd love to hear your opinion once you get back...

?

I would cancel 7434 and book 7442.

your balcony is big enough-- the 7434 is VERY narrow. There is no sofa in that cabin. with 7442 you got a bigger balcony and a sofa.

in 7434 you can only see the tv while laying in the bed. sitting on the side to see yt you will get a neck crick keeping your head at that angle to see it.

The floor space in front of that tv/dressing table is your only floor space. Getting ready for dinner was hard-- one sitting at the mirror getting dressed while the other one is getting dressed behind was very hard.

(on the liberty that divider could no be opened because it blocked the cabin door.)

Edited by serene56

We had 7440 on the Valor (should be the same on the Glory) and it was fantastic. It looked to me like it did open but if CCL is saying it doesn't then they are probably right. We have another aft wrap booked on the Dream for 2016. Best cabins in my opinion.

Edited by fergusonvt

The problem is that the divider between 7442 and 7440 does not open (according to the carnival rep) ..

call another one to see another answer.

the divider pulls to the right-- which will not be blocking any doors.

I've spoken to two different reps and both said that NO aft balconies have a balcony divider that opens to a wrap balcony even if we changed floors.... although they do look in the pictures I've seen like they open... blah.... I would definitely switch if they opened, but its more important to me to have the balcony that opens... so we can all mingle there....

On the 'Liberty connecting balconies' thread there is a goccl link for all the connecting balconies.

Right now it's on the first page.

Can't link it thru my phone.

Thanks I'll check that out as well... I just called another rep and they said no it does not open.. but the pictures definitely look like it does, it looks like a door and has the same hinges and "handle" that the connecting divider between 7440 and 7434...

I've spoken to two different reps and both said that NO aft balconies have a balcony divider that opens to a wrap balcony even if we changed floors.... although they do look in the pictures I've seen like they open... blah.... I would definitely switch if they opened, but its more important to me to have the balcony that opens... so we can all mingle there....

ALL dividers do open because that is how they clean the balconies and the plexiglass. Depending on if the dvider blocks a door.

I have seen pictures of the 7434 on the glory-- and it is nothing like the Liberty I have seen a lounge chair on Conquest but on the Liberty there is no way a lounge chair could go out there as it would block 7434 door.

Well I spoke to two more reps so 4 total reps all assured me the aft balcony dividers do NOT open to the aft wrap balconies on the Glory... one spent almost 20 mins on the phone with me after I showed her the pic where it clearly looks like a door that opens...