Wheelchair accessible stateroom on QE

Bandy Matelot

We have booked a guarantee BC balcony for our forthcoming QE cruise. We have just been allocated a BA grade stateroom 8125. We assume this is an upgrade but note that this is a wheelchair accessible stateroom. We have no disabilities ourselves. Has anyone any experience of this stateroom? Are there any drawbacks? The room does look bigger on the deck plans.

We have booked a guarantee BC balcony for our forthcoming QE cruise. We have just been allocated a BA grade stateroom 8125. We assume this is an upgrade but note that this is a wheelchair accessible stateroom. We have no disabilities ourselves. Has anyone any experience of this stateroom? Are there any drawbacks? The room does look bigger on the deck plans.

I have not been in that stateroom, but I have had an inside stateroom with wheelchair access. The room was much bigger than a standard inside and had a large wet room.

You get more real estate, a wider door and a bathroom that's bigger but not so pretty.

The good news is that if someone comes along later and needs a HC cabin, you might be on for another upgrade to make room for them. Usually though, HC users book up really early to be certain of getting a cabin, so the chances are that you'll be staying put.

Wheelchair rooms are different, but I don't think they are "off-putting." Certainly, they are more spacious.

You might hear tender-moving noises from any cabin --balcony or disability equipped--that is in immediate proximity. From my experience on the Queen Elizabeth, they used tenders from alternating sides of the ship in tender-required ports. It isn't like the tender nearest your cabin would be used in every stop. DH and I also don't remember the noise being very loud. I think we were on deck 6, but can't swear to this... We looked out one morning and said "someone has stolen OUR lifeboat" because it disappeared from storage position without us hearing a thing…"

I believe you might be offered an upgrade, if someone needs to book a room that accommodates a wheelchair (later, when they are trying to fill-up the ship)...

Have a great voyage!