Christmas?

Msbabynurse

My parents, daughter, and I sailed on Christmas. We were in port on Christmas Eve and sailing on Christmas Day. It didn't feel like Christmas, but we were trying to get away from family drama. Santa came onboard to visit. We sang carols in the atrium. Carnival decorated the ship beautifully and it was a great escape.

Ecstasy December 2004

Triumph December 2011

Magic March 2012

Magic December 2012

Liberty August 2014

We cruised over Christmas about 10 years ago. It was very nice. Carnival did some special things and the ship was decorated beautifully. Not a lot of small children either . Would do it again for sure !

Cruising over Christmas and New Years is more expensive. You are greeted on embarkation with complementary champagne. The ship is decorated throughout and there is Christmas music playing everywhere in the background. The kids clubs put on a special show in the main lounge while real snow was falling from the top of the theater. In the lobby, Christmas carols were sung by all from the lobby floor to the railings on the highest deck while snow fell down from the top of the atrium. Santa was also present from time to time throughout the ship. Our cabin steward had fun with us one night with an unusual towel man.

th_DSC00957.jpg th_DSC00960.jpg th_DSC01016.jpg

Here's hoping you have a great Christmas cruise. Bon Voyage!

My parents, daughter, and I sailed on Christmas. We were in port on Christmas Eve and sailing on Christmas Day. It didn't feel like Christmas, but we were trying to get away from family drama. Santa came onboard to visit. We sang carols in the atrium. Carnival decorated the ship beautifully and it was a great escape.

Ecstasy December 2004

Triumph December 2011

Magic March 2012

Magic December 2012

Liberty August 2014

Family drama and fighting over when to go to grandmas house is the exact reason I am considering a Christmas cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruising over Christmas and New Years is more expensive. You are greeted on embarkation with complementary champagne. The ship is decorated throughout and there is Christmas music playing everywhere in the background. The kids clubs put on a special show in the main lounge while real snow was falling from the top of the theater. In the lobby, Christmas carols were sung by all from the lobby floor to the railings on the highest deck while snow fell down from the top of the atrium. Santa was also present from time to time throughout the ship. Our cabin steward had fun with us one night with an unusual towel man.

th_DSC00957.jpg th_DSC00960.jpg th_DSC01016.jpg

Here's hoping you have a great Christmas cruise. Bon Voyage!

The extra expense wouldn't be too problematic. Would just be our gift to each other. Thanks for the pics!!

Family drama and fighting over when to go to grandmas house is the exact reason I am considering a Christmas cruise.

...We eliminated all the infighting by taking the entire family on the Christmas cruise. We had our Christmas in our cabin and they are still talking about it and testing us to see if we would do it again!

th_DSC00990.jpg

Last Christmas was the first Christmas without my in laws and DH did not want to be home. If was our first Christmas cruise and we loved it so much we are booked again for this Christmas :D It was (is) myself DH and DS (he will be 20 yrs old). We spent Christmas day at the beach. It did not feel like Christmas but that was OK we did not have little ones to worry about. I called my parents on Christmas day. We brought a Charlie Brown tree, it even played the song, and we decorated the cabin a little.

DSCF6001_zps8a5f74db.jpg

Edited by reno3

We sailed through Christmas week several years ago and it was lovely. I felt Christmas was underdone... although the children had a 'do' on the Eve and some carols sung. Christmas day was in port, much the same as other port days. I think the guests make their own christmas with each other. It was wonderful for us because we're empty nesters and it's not great at home with no family around. We are sailing again this year over Christmas with another couple and just can't wait! Do it again? Sure will :) You'll love it

I like this idea now that my kids are older. Their dad has been gone for several years and I don't really get along withy family since my parents are also gone. I love bring on a nice cruise with happy people so why not during the holiday season? All of those pics are beautiful.

Anyone ever cruise over Christmas? If so what was it like? Would you do it again?

We really enjoyed our Christmas cruise and yes we would do it again.

74v2.jpg

We have cruised over Christmas and have another Christmas cruise booked for this year. We enjoy it. Yes, it's more expensive but I like spoiling my wife!

Happy cruising!

I saw a license plate holder the other day.."I'm not spoiled, just well taken care of" My DH says I need to get one :D

We were on the Freedom the week before Christmas last year. Some kids but I am sure not what would be coming when we got off. They had a nice show the second to last night to celebrate the holidays (had a menorah and Hanukkah bush :) ) in the atrium. It "snowed" during the festivities when they had an ugly-sweater contest and sing-a-long. Santa was onboard the whole week, though wasn't in red except for that night. Got a picture of Santa and my wife. I thought Carnival and their staff did a great job that week, though they weren't looking forward to the upcoming cruise for the week of the holiday.

We've taken several Christmas cruises--none on Carnival. The thing to do is to pick a ship that has plenty of adults-only areas if you want to get away from children. The only time they were a problem was when we were on the Sun Princess. The supposedly adults-only pool on that ship is right beside the family pool. The staff did not even try to keep the children out.

On two of our Christmas cruises, both on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas, we attended the special Christmas ice skating shows. It's amazing how well they are presented given the size of tiny rink used by the skaters. It was like the "icing on the cake" to top off such a great experience.

The ship was beautifully decorated, the crew was friendly and accommodating, the dining room played wonderful traditional Christmas music. The caroling on the Promenade was beautiful.

You might enjoy seeing the highlights of one of the ice skating shows. My wife made a slideshow from some of her pictures and added them to her website. There is also Christmas background music on this page.

Christmas Ice Skating Show on Mariner of the Seas

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

On two of our Christmas cruises, both on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas, we attended the special Christmas ice skating shows. It's amazing how well they are presented given the size of tiny rink used by the skaters. It was like the "icing on the cake" to top off such a great experience.

The ship was beautifully decorated, the crew was friendly and accommodating, the dining room played wonderful traditional Christmas music. The caroling on the Promenade was beautiful.

You might enjoy seeing the highlights of one of the ice skating shows. My wife made a slideshow from some of her pictures and added them to her website. There is also Christmas background music on this page.

Christmas Ice Skating Show on Mariner of the Seas

Happy cruising!

That sounds lovely! We have a cruise booked in November so we won't be able to do a Christmas cruise this year but it is on my radar for 2015. We usually cruise between November and January so this will be perfect