Barcelona SOS Mediterranean Greek Isle Cruise w/Paris and Copenhagen Review

Love your review. Leaving Friday for 7 day Greece & Turkey on the Splendor of the seas. I love the pictures of Santorini. I am really leery of the cable cars, but would not want to miss what you saw. I really think I will skip the mules, they are even more scary. I do hope your kids appreciate what you are doing, a lot of our kids never get to experience travel like this.

Awesome!!!!! Enjoy and we want to hear all about it when you get back!

WHAT A FANTASTIC MOMMA YOU ARE.

I'm so sad your review has come to an end, it was so so enjoyable. And you're making me look at flights to Paris - I so need to go back after seeing your photos!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of Copenhagen and maybe you can write a little more about your flight home or what was in the mail when you got their, who cares, hell make up a story, anything, I just don't want it to be over!

Thank you Cath!!!! I am sad as well.[emoji17] But.....that only means I need to book another one asap.[emoji6]

At least I have your review, windjammer, melissa's, Kreu*&5#$(u know who I am talking about) to get me through!

over????? NNNoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! How am I supposed to live without new pictures to blow me away? When's your next cruise? and please promise to take a gazillion pictures and show them to us!!!!!! Africa sounds stunning as well --- heck if it's not a cruise tell us where we can find THAT review as well!!!!! Thank you so much for having written this! It was a feast for the eyes and I think I'll go back many times to daydream with those fantastic pictures of yours! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!

Stef

Stef!!!! I haven't booked one yet but I am looking. I will be doing 3 land trips in January, April and May so we shall see when I can fit maybe a 4 day cruise in.

Now I am also taking photography online so watch out world!

Thank goodness I have your review to hold me over. The Africa trip might be land and cruise so......

Hi Ayasha,

Thanks for your wonderful review. It took me back to that wonderful cruise on the Serenade of the Seas in June, which seems such a long time ago now!

It was great meeting you and maybe we'll meet again on another cruise sometime! All the best to you and your family.

Margaret and Geoff xx

Thanks Margaret! I hope you both are well.

I know it seems like so long ago. Hopefully we shall meet cruising again!

All good things must come to an end, but thoroughly enjoyed reliving our adventure and your extension. Beautiful pictures!!!

Haven't been on lately - George is not well, and we've been catching up on MD visits. Until he is well, can't "sub for cruise money."

Braeden made the football team - tight end/wide receiver.

God speed and hope our paths cross again.

Thank you! I haven't been on in a bit either. So sorry to hear George isn't well and we will pray for you both. Please email me and keep me posted.

So happy for Braedon! We are driving up to Acworth, near Atlanta, Friday because Cai is in a Regatta there this weekend.

I hope to see you again but we will definitely keep in touch.

Thanks for the great TR! Your photos really make me excited for planning our next trip! I think we're going to do a land only trip - splitting the trip between London, Paris & finishing in Amsterdam.

Thank you! I love that split! Planning a long weekend to London, my first time, in January. I wish they had a section for land trips on here. I love this format for reviews much better than trip advisor. Have a fabulous time!

Okay......so the day is here to leave and before we get started would like to also say that I do not have a credit card. I subscribe to the Dave Ramsey method, if you know who he is. I did think about getting a credit card for this trip but decided against it and felt this would really put practice what you preach to work. (not that I am against credit cards) So everything was done with cash or debit.

So the day is finally here and I of course decided I would work a 6 hour day before leaving because.....hey let's face it....I can do it all, not. My son and daughter where both packed before I left for work but I was not. our ride to the airport was picking us up at 5:30, will I make it. I had better!

Well I did! We arrived at the airport on time and I was so giddy with excitement that I had the airline clerk laughing at me. Now most people have to do the luggage shuffle at the airport on the way back from vacation, not me. I of course was 4 lbs over the carry on allowable and they were strict at Orlando. Luckily my children had 2+ lbs extra in each of there bags. Problem solved and we moved on pass security and to our gate. I already knew that Norwegian was a pay for food and drinks kinda airline, including water. So I sent the children off to purchase some waters and food to carry on.

Time to board this plane and see what we are working with for the next 9 hours....drum roll......IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Norwegian uses the brand new Dreamliners to and from Florida and it didn't disappoint. Very comfortable seats, awesome lighting, air and individual screens with lots of free movies, albums, games etc to choose from. It was hard to sleep because I wanted to watch all the shows and movies I hadn't seen yet.:confused:

We landed in Oslo, Norway with a 6 hour layover. The initial plan was to go into the city a bit but because we had carry ons and were tired we crashed in the airport until our next flight to Barcelona. My plan for this trip was to buy a postcard and stamp everyplace we went as a souvenir. Technically we didn't really go to Oslo but I bought a stamp and postcard in the airport anyway.

I will say that just from our experience in the Oslo airport Norway is extremely expensive. we bought 3 slices of pizza 2 drinks and a sandwich while we were there and that equated to $60 USD. Breaking my budget already. And no free wifi. Booooo

Our flight to Barcelona boarded on time and was packed. This plane was your typical one we would fly in the states on Delta etc. No big deal as it was only for 2 and a half hours.

We did have to go through customs, of course, in Norway but not in Barcelona.

We landed on time but it was late at night. We were going to take the bus which went straight to our hotel but it was 10:30pm and it had stopped running, or so I had been told. I speak no Spanish and it seemed that most in the airport did not speak English. No issue, just a heads up for anyone else. We grabbed a taxi to the hotel. My first night I got taken. Yep, I already got taken. In my research I knew that a taxi should cost me no more than 30 Euros to the hotel from the airport. It winded up costing me 36 Euros as the driver drove past the exit and turned around but acted like that is they way you go. Definitely wish I took spanish in school.

sidenote * I bought 100 Euros that I purchased from my bank before the trip*

We just booked our flights to Barcelona from LAX to Barcelona. I am so releived to read a positive review after having read so many bad ones. I am praying we have an awesome experience like you!

We just booked our flights to Barcelona from LAX to Barcelona. I am so releived to read a positive review after having read so many bad ones. I am praying we have an awesome experience like you!

I am sure you will have an awesome experience! Lucky you!!! Please come back and tell me how wonderful it was.[emoji6]

• 1 month later...

Awewome review. Thank you so much. You brought back great memories of the places we have already visited and reved me up to see Greece and Turkey. Additionally as a fellow Floridian who has been researching the truely affordable fares from Ft Lauderdale to Copemhagen on Norwegian Airlines I'm glad I have come across someone who has actually flown with them. I can't wait to start planning another European adventure.

Thank you ShawninFL! We had such a wonderful time I had to share. Norwegian was such a pleasant surprise. They have so many great prices and leave right from our own backyard. I hope to fly them to London for a long weekend. I found a fare of $542 roundtrip for January, just amazing. Happy travels!

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed your review! What a gift you are giving your children by showing them the world! My hubby and I did a Med cruise just before you did yours, and though it was on Princess, it was fun to note some common experiences like Kissing Fish and the donkey ride in Santorini (thankfully we were only charged 4 Euros for the pics, too), I saw the restaurant we ate at in Sorrento in one of your pics, and the sites of Barcelona as seen from our HOHO tour (on the other company). We did the Dave Ramsey course, too, but I would be too nervous to travel without a cc! You are brave! Keep traveling and enjoying life! Merry Christmas! 🚢

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

I really enjoyed your review! What a gift you are giving your children by showing them the world! My hubby and I did a Med cruise just before you did yours, and though it was on Princess, it was fun to note some common experiences like Kissing Fish and the donkey ride in Santorini (thankfully we were only charged 4 Euros for the pics, too), I saw the restaurant we ate at in Sorrento in one of your pics, and the sites of Barcelona as seen from our HOHO tour (on the other company). We did the Dave Ramsey course, too, but I would be too nervous to travel without a cc! You are brave! Keep traveling and enjoying life! Merry Christmas!

Thank you Cruisequeen4ever! Luckily my children appreciate it (at least it seems they do!). Is it nice to see what others did on a similar trip and quite a nice reminder when you see things that you did as well.

I must have bumped my head doing it without a cc for the first Europe trip ever. I think it would be less stressful for me now knowing what I do. Same to you and Merry Christmas! We happen to be going back to NYC for 5 days on Thursday as a surprise gift to my kids and I from my parents. We are going to have a blast. My mom is so excited!!

Thank you Cruisequeen4ever! Luckily my children appreciate it (at least it seems they do!). Is it nice to see what others did on a similar trip and quite a nice reminder when you see things that you did as well.

I must have bumped my head doing it without a cc for the first Europe trip ever. I think it would be less stressful for me now knowing what I do. Same to you and Merry Christmas! We happen to be going back to NYC for 5 days on Thursday as a surprise gift to my kids and I from my parents. We are going to have a blast. My mom is so excited!!

What fun! Oh, and that heat wave the local said had hit Florence the week before, that's when we were there!! 97 degrees plus humidity!!! The A/C was broken on our excursion bus for the ride home, and oh my goodness, it was AWFUL!! We still loved Florence and Pisa, though!

What fun! Oh, and that heat wave the local said had hit Florence the week before, that's when we were there!! 97 degrees plus humidity!!! The A/C was broken on our excursion bus for the ride home, and oh my goodness, it was AWFUL!! We still loved Florence and Pisa, though!

Oh, wow! 97 degrees! And no a/c on the bus ride back! I think I would have passed out! I think you deserve a make up trip.;)

• 3 months later...

Your review and pictures are amazingly descriptive and beautiful! I'm doing a med cruise in June and will be spending three days in Paris and 2 in Barcelona prior to the cruise. Your experiences are very helpful! Gorgeous family! And there is no stronger woman than a single mom. My raised 4 kids on her own and now that I'm a mom, I truly appreciate all she did even more!! Stay blessed!! :)

Tommyjean it will be one of the most memorable trips you have ever taken. And lucky you, are going when the euro is way down.☺

Thank you very much for the sentiments. Have a fabulous time!!!! Then come back and tell us all about it.😜