QM2 not up to the standards presented

Nclbella

There is one thing does poor people can do when this backlash happens, click on the red triangle top right corner and report them to CC, maybe that way tose who are doing it will stop again:)

One would hope that there is a penalty for misusing the 'red triangle' facility, since it could so easily be used to censor freedom of expression.

Although originally used in a different context, " If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" springs to mind.

One person's 'backlash' may well be another's 'response'

I would have thought that it goes with the territory that if one posts on a public forum one must expect responses both for and against.

One must also be prepared to defend one's point of view.

Why should one be prepared to defend oneself from a posting an opinion here?

Is this a political debate?

Waiting for your reply:)

Why should one be prepared to defend oneself from a posting an opinion here?

Is this a political debate?

Waiting for your reply:)

For me, the advancement of an opinion which, by it's content, will produce a strong reaction places an obligation on the person advancing that opinion to defend it, particularly if the original posting contains little or no justification for contentious content.

Perhaps I am a lone voice in the wilderness.

For me, the advancement of an opinion which, by it's content, will produce a strong reaction places an obligation on the person advancing that opinion to defend it, particularly if the original posting contains little or no justification for contentious content.

Then this is how you interpret the opinions

Here? Do you find that a bit confrontational?

What is the point?

If a member gives an opinion, this member is not obligated

To defend their opinion. What would be the purpose?

Maybe an elected office here? LOL

Oh, you not alone for sure.

I rather like the expression "if you cant stand the heat" sadly I have been in kitchen for too long:D I am now immune

But you know everyone is allowed an opinion, if the OP didnt like the cruise and what happened on it she must be allowed to say so, how different it would have been had she loved the ship and all that goes with it.

But we must remember that QM2 is not for everyone, and clearly not for her, I can pick fault with the ship, the beds, bedding etc are some of the worst I have ever come across on a ship or indeed hotel and have said so , as have others, now rather than a backlash I was told what to ask for to fix it and now every time I go on QM2 or indeed any Cunard ship I have a quick word with the room steward and that evening "Bliss"

So we should backlash but find out what and how she can be helped to make her next cruise better

No, you are not alone. Maybe it's my science training, but a conclusion without facts doesn't convince me of anything. Or maybe it's my writing training. The best English teacher I had in high school taught us that a general statement should be backed up by facts. If a student made a statement that he/she had not supported, Miss B would write "Tell us WHY you think that!" Her favorite comment to make on a paper was "Be Specific!" (with the B and the S in very large caps)

However, the OP isn't "obligated" to support any opinions. That's the thing about a message board. People can post pretty much anything as long as it isn't profane or libelous. That said, we are not obligated to believe an unsupported opinion. And we are certainly entitled to ask "Tell us why you think that."

No, you are not alone. Maybe it's my science training, but a conclusion without facts doesn't convince me of anything. Or maybe it's my writing training. The best English teacher I had in high school taught us that a general statement should be backed up by facts. If a student made a statement that he/she had not supported, Miss B would write "Tell us WHY you think that!" Her favorite comment to make on a paper was "Be Specific!" (with the B and the S in very large caps)

However, the OP isn't "obligated" to support any opinions. That's the thing about a message board. People can post pretty much anything as long as it isn't profane or libelous. That said, we are not obligated to believe an unsupported opinion. And we are certainly entitled to ask "Tell us why you think that."

Yes, I agree with that, and a "tell us why " is good, if only happened, I think had the OP peaised the ship to the hilt for those who backlash and a few negatived that may have happened

Whether people praise the ship or condemn it on here it invariably ends up in this usual bun fight with everyone losing the original plot and arguing about something or nothing, according to their own personal feelings and opinions.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if l was thinking about a Cunard cruise as a newcomer and looked at some of these posts l would run a mile.

Judy

.. if l was thinking about a Cunard cruise as a newcomer and looked at some of these posts l would run a mile. Judy

That's already happened. A while back we had a poster who was about to make final payment on a QE cruise, their first with Cunard. Until some friends asked, "Have you read the reviews?" They went on to say that they were "shocked" at what they read here and ultimately cancelled. They considered it better to be forewarned now than disappointed later.

We are looking to go on the Sept. 15th, Canada/New England Cruise, and my friend isn't into dressing up for dinner. Do the people still dress for dinner in the main dinning room? For formal nights are everyone still in formal dress? We are interested in the cruise mainly, but enjoy eating in the main dinning room. The last time I cruise with her in 2006 everyone dressed up for the MDR,everyone worn formal dresses/tuxes for the formal nights.