How are complimentary dinners from TA handled?

When I booked my cruise on the Allure the TA was giving two complimentary dinners to a specialty restaurant.

Should I be able to make reservations in advance?

The TA said I will have to do this once onboard, but was curious if others had the same comp and was able to book in advance.

Thanks!

You would have to check the terms and conditions of your particular promo. When we had a free specialty dinner from a TA, we were required to book onboard.

Same with ours: we had to book on-board and the reservation had to be for a port day evening (your complimentary voucher may have other terms/requirements). We made our reservation on embarkation day to make sure we got the day and time we wanted.

i went to guest relations and they printed out the voucher for me. We made a reservation on the required port day. When we paid the bill I put the voucher in the payment sleeve. We paid for the bottle of wine and I also added an additional tip since I was not sure how the voucher tipping worked, plus our server was awesome so he deserved some extra anyway.

Bev

Thank you all for responding to my question. That was what I was thinking but wanted to be sure.

Those of you that got vouchers, did you get them prior to boarding or once on the ship?

Sounds like I should book on board as soon as possible to get the place and time I want.

Thanks again!

Thank you all for responding to my question. That was what I was thinking but wanted to be sure.

Those of you that got vouchers, did you get them prior to boarding or once on the ship?

Sounds like I should book on board as soon as possible to get the place and time I want.

Thanks again!

We got our voucher from the travel agent a few weeks before the cruise.

Thanks again!

We got ours from our TA not long after final payment.