Summit Photo Review - June 29, 2014 to Bermuda in Aqua Class

prim8keeper

Thank you so much for your time in posting this amazing review, as well as the incredible photos!

We just booked the Summit to Bermuda in May 2015, and are looking forward to it even more now after reading your review.

It will be our first Celebrity cruise after a few cruises with Norwegian and others. We are excited and feel like we are moving up to a nicer cruise experience.

I have read the negative reviews, but I take them all with a grain of salt. I believe that if you go on vacation expecting to deal with negative issues, you will have them. If you go with a positive attitude expecting to have a great time, you will have a great time.

I have never had an issue that wasn't addressed and corrected promptly after bringing it to someone's attention. At that point it became a non-issue.

Now if I could just wait patiently for May 2015, it would be great....LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tom

We are sailing on the Eclipse in Feb, but noticed you have done a review of Bermuda and I have not been able to review...Can't find it under prim8keeper,

can you please redirect me? We are doing Bermuda in May... thanks so much.

Elaine

• 1 year later...

My spouse and I have booked this cruise for our wedding anniversary. I have been to Bermuda at least 7 times but have not been there in over 20 years. My memories fade. My husband has never been. Since you have already done the research how do we make the most of Bermuda in 3 days. We do not snorkel.

My spouse and I have booked this cruise for our wedding anniversary. I have been to Bermuda at least 7 times but have not been there in over 20 years. My memories fade. My husband has never been. Since you have already done the research how do we make the most of Bermuda in 3 days. We do not snorkel.

My biggest piece of advice would be to plan things that you want to do in terms of location. I referenced a map of the island when planning out what we wanted to do. While the public transportation is easy to navigate, it can sometimes take a lot longer than you think it will to get from the Dockyard to the desired area via bus or the ferry. Using that same mindset I would also then check to see what things are on the same bus line if you plan to use the buses. The drivers are very friendly and helpful in terms of telling you when to get off if you aren't sure.

We enjoyed this trip so much we are going back this summer! :)

Edited by prim8keeper

• 2 weeks later...

I loved your review and pictures! I've enjoyed reading it over the last couple days. We're excited as we booked Summit for Bermuda a year from September, first time to Bermuda. This is the first time in a long time we are not aqua, we splurged since its only 7 nights and are in a sky suite. We're looking forward to trying the new suite dining room. Thank you!

I loved your review and pictures! I've enjoyed reading it over the last couple days. We're excited as we booked Summit for Bermuda a year from September, first time to Bermuda. This is the first time in a long time we are not aqua, we splurged since its only 7 nights and are in a sky suite. We're looking forward to trying the new suite dining room. Thank you!

Thanks! We are going back to Bermuda this year and we are also going in a sky suite so we could try Luminae. I've been debating if I'll do another photo review this time around. I'm also interested to see how the new roof deck on 12 is affecting those aft aqua cabins.

Edited by prim8keeper

• 11 months later...
Shortly after leaving Revelations we heard the announcement that informed us that the cabins were now ready. It was shortly after 1 pm. With great excitement we headed towards our cabin. I did all my research and had seen all the photos but you never really know if its going to be what you expected until you are there.

IMG_0118_zpsde6948bc.jpg

This is the first picture I took as we walked into the cabin. It is a very similar set up to the S class cabins. When you walk in there is a small highway with the bathroom on your right and the closet on your left. Note: that is not the location of the closet on the S class ships. Overall I liked the placement of the closet on the M class better and found the storage all around to be better. My only complaint was that if you are getting something out of the closet and someone is coming out of the bathroom be prepared!

IMG_11391_zpsec03b5e3.jpg

A close up of the bed. Another difference from the S class cabins I noticed right away was that on the M class they have actual night stands with drawers. I greatly preferred this as it gave me a place to my book, glasses, etc.

IMG_11381_zps70391349.jpg

After the bed there is a small sitting area. The sofa on the M class ships is slightly smaller but I found it to be more comfortable. It wasn't really big enough to take a nap on though which I will sometimes do on the S class ships. I also really like that you wipe down the sofa on the S class ships. You can appreciate this if you have ever been on a code red cruise and they did a deep cleaning before you boarded!

You can see we had our complimentary sparkling wine and our three apples. Now is this considered a fruit plate? Art? I was never a huge fan of the fruit bowl since we didn't each much of it, but I'm even less of a fan of the 3 pieces of fruit on a plate. When I'm on a cruise the last thing I think to myself is, "I could really go for a granny smith apple right about now!" I think they should just get rid of this. I would be really interested to hear how many apples they throw away each week from people who didn't eat them. At least I hope they are throwing them away after each cruise.

QUOTE]

Green apples are good for sea sickness that's why in every cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums