Constellation Baltics Trip Report and Lots of Pictures!

Cindy

Cindy- I stumbled upon this review this morning thanks to the poster above resurrecting it and returning it to the first page. I am not yet an X cruiser but make my debut on the Silhouette next Jan. Meantime I surf this board.

It's a great read and now bookmarked for future reference when I finally get around to sailing the Baltic.

Kudos on the photos- I also have a Canon 3Ti but can't wait to see how your new camera performs. I find when using Auto settings that the snaps need some editing ( using iPhoto). Would you recommend buying Lightroom or does it not add more than say iPhoto or Picasa does in terms of benefits?

Did you review any cruises since this one? Oasis class maybe?

Thanks for a great review. I notice like me, you like to see how the locals live when abroad. The classic monuments have to be seen but I always like to at least pop into a supermarket and see what's on their shelves compared to the USA or peer into a butcher shop window.

Norris

We will be on the Eurodam Baltics cruise in May 2015, we depart from Copenhagen and return there on 1 st June. Your review and photos are amazing and the information on your camera was very useful. We fly in to Amsterdam and have three days there prior to going to Copenhagen. After reading your review we are looking forward to experiencing the ports of call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm glad it was helpful...have a great trip!

Cindy- I stumbled upon this review this morning thanks to the poster above resurrecting it and returning it to the first page. I am not yet an X cruiser but make my debut on the Silhouette next Jan. Meantime I surf this board.

It's a great read and now bookmarked for future reference when I finally get around to sailing the Baltic.

Kudos on the photos- I also have a Canon 3Ti but can't wait to see how your new camera performs. I find when using Auto settings that the snaps need some editing ( using iPhoto). Would you recommend buying Lightroom or does it not add more than say iPhoto or Picasa does in terms of benefits?

Did you review any cruises since this one? Oasis class maybe?

Thanks for a great review. I notice like me, you like to see how the locals live when abroad. The classic monuments have to be seen but I always like to at least pop into a supermarket and see what's on their shelves compared to the USA or peer into a butcher shop window.

Norris

Thanks! I really like the new camera, and am still trying to find more time to play with it. I did write an Oasis review...it's here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135649

I finished editing my pictures from Serenade earlier this month, but I haven't found time to write a review yet!:eek: Since I just got back from a long weekend of wine tasting and seeing the Bluebonnets, I'm not quite sure when the review is going to happen! Here are a few of my favorite pictures though...from New Orleans and Key West:

Lightroom-0045CBW-L.jpg

Lafayette Cemetery

IMG_0034W-L.jpg

Lafayette Cemetery

IMG_0022W-L.jpg

Lafayette Cemetery

Lightroom-0180W-L.jpg

French Quarter

IMG_0517W-L.jpg

Butterfly Conservatory in Key West

I use both Lightroom 5 and Photoshop Elements 11, and find there are some things that are easier in each program. Photoshop Elements was the first editing software I learned, so there are some things I find easier with that program, and you can do some fun special effects.

One thing Lightroom has that I LOVE is a perspective tool. It's very helpful for straightening out buildings so they don't look like they're leaning at one end of a street, if that makes sense. It's great for pictures taken in places like Europe with narrow streets and tall buildings. Lightroom is also a storage/organization program, and you can apply the same edits to batches of photos at the same time, so it can be a little quicker.

Have fun!

Edited by Cindy

I use both Lightroom 5 and Photoshop Elements 11, and find there are some things that are easier in each program. Photoshop Elements was the first editing software I learned, so there are some things I find easier with that program, and you can do some fun special effects.

Have fun!

Cindy- many thanks for the response re software. I am leaning towards Photoshop Elements 13 as it offers a lot of bang for the buck ($70)

Thanks for the recent batch of photos highlighting the software capabilities.

I gobbled up your Oasis review in one sitting-thanks for the suite photos. I agree with you that the bathroom doesn't match the rest of the suite.

Thanks again!

Norris