Boston - Disembarking for Canadians

Hi all

Would someone be do kind and tell me the procedure for disembarking for Canadians and going through US customs.. Why i ask ,, we have cruised out of Tampa and we have to be up at in the theatre at 6:30 in morning to pre clear US customs.

One cruise it took two hours before we even could get back to our room (there were over 800 aliens as we are referred too) by that time we were suppose to be out of our room and they had closed down the breakfast buffet.

We will have a very long day trvelling back home and wondering if we need to get breakfast before if we have to pre clear customs

thanks all

Hi all

Would someone be do kind and tell me the procedure for disembarking for Canadians and going through US customs.. Why i ask ,, we have cruised out of Tampa and we have to be up at in the theatre at 6:30 in morning to pre clear US customs.

One cruise it took two hours before we even could get back to our room (there were over 800 aliens as we are referred too) by that time we were suppose to be out of our room and they had closed down the breakfast buffet.

We will have a very long day trvelling back home and wondering if we need to get breakfast before if we have to pre clear customs

thanks all

Pretty much the same process. We did it two years ago on the Dawn for our Bermuda cruise. Needless to say it was a wake up call since we have never had that experience on our Disney cruises before it. Believe the meet up was at 7 am, but it could have been earlier. Took probably and hour+. Did breakfast so if all goes well you will have time. Then joined the lineup to get off which was just as bad. The line literally wrapped around deck 7 Wasn't thrilled and as much as we like everything else about cruising out of BOS it will make us think twice about going through there again. Had a Jetblue flight booked for a little after 1 so we had lunch at J. Rockets at Logan before the flight.

In Boston all non-US citizens have to be "cleared" before anyone gets off the ship. All non-US meet in the restaurant and very slowly move through the line until cleared. So, all on the ship are held up, including US citizens until this procedure is completed. It is the absolute worst port, IMHO, to return to. Usually I am off the ship by 8 am at the latest although in Miami it was closer to 7 am but in Boston this is not the case.

The other issue with Boston is that if you drive you pay to park when you are leaving. The lines are gigantic. Last August it took us at least an hour and half to get out of the parking garage. As much as I love the Dawn we won't sail on her again unless she switches home ports. I also love Boston and really enjoy visiting that city but it is just too much of a hassle to sail out of IMHO and we won't be doing it again. We will stick to NY, Brooklyn and Charleston.

In Boston all non-US citizens have to be "cleared" before anyone gets off the ship. All non-US meet in the restaurant and very slowly move through the line until cleared. So, all on the ship are held up, including US citizens until this procedure is completed. It is the absolute worst port, IMHO, to return to. Usually I am off the ship by 8 am at the latest although in Miami it was closer to 7 am but in Boston this is not the case.

The other issue with Boston is that if you drive you pay to park when you are leaving. The lines are gigantic. Last August it took us at least an hour and half to get out of the parking garage. As much as I love the Dawn we won't sail on her again unless she switches home ports. I also love Boston and really enjoy visiting that city but it is just too much of a hassle to sail out of IMHO and we won't be doing it again. We will stick to NY, Brooklyn and Charleston.

Good to know about Miami, sailing from there next month for the first time. Want to do Bermuda again, and as much as I like BOS it won't be from there. Shame really, like the old heritage building they use, it just isn't big enough to handle things.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

That is crazy! We are sailing the Dawn in October and driving in from Toronto. Last year we drove to Baltimore and took took the Carnival Pride to Grand Turk. At the end of the cruise everyone got off as per their deck, not their nationality. Is there any specific reason for this?

That is crazy! We are sailing the Dawn in October and driving in from Toronto. Last year we drove to Baltimore and took took the Carnival Pride to Grand Turk. At the end of the cruise everyone got off as per their deck, not their nationality. Is there any specific reason for this?

CBP procedures. I think that they do not have enough space in the terminal to process people there.

You don't actually get off the ship at this point. This is just to clear custom and immigration. You then still have to get off the ship which is another 'experience'.

As pp said. Get their early. They basically split people into groups. We got their at 7 am (let our girls sleep as long as possible) and then had to wait.

We were on the Dawn. We had to in a room by like 6am. Then they said at 8am that all usa citizens could leave. It wasn't until 10:15 the rest of us could start to leave. We missed our flight :( but made it home

If not everyone gets clear that needs to be everyone else has to wait on them.

Have a good cruise

CBP as different rules based on different ports. This was a question we asked the NCL staff while on board. The NCL staff that we spoke to said that Boston is the port that is the biggest problem for disembarking passengers. It really is a shame because the city is so beautiful but the process, if you have a long drive ahead of you, just is too annoying. If I didn't have a long drive I would definitely sail out of Boston but I'm getting too old for the hassle of it! ;)