How long is too long for a solo cruiser in a studio?

Bra_BE2014

I remember one afternoon on the Breakaway I sat on my balcony for a few minutes and then thought I was kind of "cheating" myself by isloating myself and went back outside to Spice H20.

Personally, I would probably upgrade in October if it was around $125 but certainly not for $300-$500.

I slept well in it because I am fine sleeping without sunlight.

The room was very sleek looking

As mentioned, I did not find it much bigger than a NY hotel room where of course most people just sleep there.

I remember one afternoon on the Breakaway I sat on my balcony for a few minutes and then thought I was kind of "cheating" myself by isloating myself and went back outside to Spice H20.

Personally, I would probably upgrade in October if it was around $125 but certainly not for $300-$500.

I slept well in it because I am fine sleeping without sunlight.

The room was very sleek looking

As mentioned, I did not find it much bigger than a NY hotel room where of course most people just sleep there.

Interesting perspective! I'll cruise with a balcony for the first time in August, so I think it will help me to have a better idea. But it's for a 7 day only. We'll see :)

I am already booked for the Breakaway 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise leaving November 29 in a studio. I have never been in one before-I get ocean view, balcony or suites, but the price was excellent, I don't have to fly and the ports are among my favorites. Curacao, Aruba, and Barbados are all great! I think I will be fine as the lounge is there, and there is plenty of space and things to do on the Breakaway. From what I understand, singles meet at a certain time every day and make dinner, entertainment and/or port decisions.

That's important for me too, I'm a sociable solo-to-be so I will be interested in meeting the others in the lounge as well. I guess using the lounge as a 'living room' might take away that feeling of being cramped in a small cabin. I hope :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great time!

I sailed in a solo on the Breakaway last December and really loved the cabin. If it helps, I'm a 6'4" guy and weighed 210lbs (at the time). I never felt claustrophobic at any time. In fact, I thought it was cozy, well appointed, with ingenuous storage solutions, very cocoon like. Slept like a baby every night, and even a few naps.

Have a great time!

I sailed in a solo on the Breakaway last December and really loved the cabin. If it helps, I'm a 6'4" guy and weighed 210lbs (at the time). I never felt claustrophobic at any time. In fact, I thought it was cozy, well appointed, with ingenuous storage solutions, very cocoon like. Slept like a baby every night, and even a few naps.

Thanks, every little bit of encouraging information helps with my courage-level :D