Are there drink packages on DCL

sngleme121

We are going on our first DCL family cruise in November on the Wonder. I was asked by my stepdaughter and her husband if there are drink packages you can purchase like on RCL and Carnival.

Any advice is appreciated.

We are going on our first DCL family cruise in November on the Wonder. I was asked by my stepdaughter and her husband if there are drink packages you can purchase like on RCL and Carnival.

Any advice is appreciated.

There are wine, beer and specialty coffee/tea packages. But no soda package.

That's because sodas from the 24/7 drink station on the pool deck as well as during meals are included in your cruise fare.

The drink station has coffee (regular), tea (hot & cold), sodas (coke products), lemonade, fruit punch (sometimes), milk, water, hot chocolate.

Sodas ordered from poolside servers or bars as well as room service have a charge.

No drink packages on DCL. Soft drinks (Coca Cola products) are complementary in the dining rooms and buffet, and there is a 24-hour self-serve station on the pool deck.

There are no all-you-can-drink alcohol drink packages, but there are a few deals on alcohol. You can purchase a 22-oz souvenir beer mug for $14.95 and "refill" it (you get a new mug each time) with any draft beer for the cost of a 16-oz beer. My dad and boyfriend did this on our cruise and felt like they saved a good bit of money with the mug.

The Skyline Lounge on the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream sell a passport which includes seven drinks, one inspired by each of the rotating skyline cities, and they stamp your passport when you get each drink.

Also, we found the mixology class (and other alcohol tastings) to be a great deal. For $15 per person, we each got five drinks and got to learn how to make them.

Disney also sells a wine package. For the classic, the 3-night package is $84, 4-night $110, 5-night $139, 7-night $189. With the premium package, 3-night $129, 4-night $174, 5-night $219, 7-night $292.

And you can carry on any alcohol that you wish! It must be in your carry on luggage however. I think this is the BEST drink package around.

THIS! Bring your own liquor, and mixers. Make drinks in cabin and carry around in a mug. BEST DEAl on any cruise line!

I also found that most bar drinks on Disney were cheaper than on Carnival ships.

THIS! Bring your own liquor, and mixers. Make drinks in cabin and carry around in a mug. BEST DEAl on any cruise line!

I also found that most bar drinks on Disney were cheaper than on Carnival ships.

I'll throw it in here that this doesn't comply with DCL's request:

•Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/alcohol-onboard-policy/

I'll throw it in here that this doesn't comply with DCL's request:

•Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/alcohol-onboard-policy/

True, but if you are drinking it out of a mug, and not carrying around the bottle of liquor you will b fine.

Yes, most likely, you will not be stopped or questioned about it. But it is against DCL policy. :)

If you try to bring a cooler (also not allowed) to the pool area, you will be stopped. If you bring a mug or a glass of a beverage, no one will say a word.

Any bar tender or your stateroom host will supply glasses if needed.

Yes, policy is only in your cabin...but as long as you don't flaunt it, no one will say anything.

Yes' date=' policy is only in your cabin...but as long as you don't flaunt it, no one will say anything.[/quote']

That's what we've found. As long as you're discreet, and don't do anything dumb like bringing a whiskey bottle to a bar :).

Edited by mdvlprof

There are? coffee/tea packages? on Disney?

Specialty coffees--you can get a "frequent flyer" card in the Cove Cafe. Have it marked each time and after 5 or 6, you get a free one.

"Normal" coffee and various sorts of teas are included in the cruise fare (no additional charge). Brewed iced tea is available in the main dining rooms and from room service. The stuff from the machines at the beverage station is sub-optimal, but that's my opinion. I can also make brewed hot tea and ice it myself. There are regular and herbal tea bags at the beverage stations and in the restaurants. No charge for these items from room service either.

So...what are you looking for in a coffee or tea package? Other than the specialty coffee deal, there are none, but there is no charge either (for the normal stuff).

So...what are you looking for in a coffee or tea package? Other than the specialty coffee deal' date=' there are none, but there is no charge either (for the normal stuff).[/quote']

I was simply curious about Shmoo's statement that there are specialty coffee and tea packages. Hadn't heard of it. Heard of the card, but not a "package".

I was simply curious about Shmoo's statement that there are specialty coffee and tea packages. Hadn't heard of it. Heard of the card, but not a "package".

Agree no package but you have a card and get locality stamps and so it's something like buy six and get one free, there are no packages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk