NCL Smoking Ban

wanderingjew

Smoking doesn't usually bother me much but smoking on balconies has always scared me. We did have trouble using our balcony a few times during our last cruise due to smoke from the balcony in front of us. Also on our last cruise we kept seeing this guy smoking his pipe on an open deck right below our balcony and then dump it over the side and walk away quickly. I have many pictures of it since he did it multiple times. I guess this won't stop people like him.

Edited by Steve and Sharon

"Sorry, girls. Mommy is canceling vacation because she doesn't want to have to walk somewhere to smoke."

Priceless.

I have a neighbor who is afraid to travel and rarely if ever even takes her family on a 4 hour road trip

So last month she tells me how excited they all were that they were finally taking a vacation ( no money issues btw) to myrtle beach or someplace like that about 10 hour drive from here

So a week later she tells me she just took a job after being at home for 20 years I congratulate her and say when do you start?

She says Monday! She cancelled the trip! And she can't wait to start dressing up again for work she starts bragging to me.

Now that is selfish especially since she also says " we don't need the money ( which is true) but I want to do this for me". Her dh and kids are upset but are used to her ways.

Geez talk about selfish!

Remember no money issues and she freely admits she is only doing it to get out and oh well the family will get over it.

Fwiw. September would have been soon enough for me because I cherish making family memories above all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

I have a neighbor who is afraid to travel and rarely if ever even takes her family on a 4 hour road trip

So last month she tells me how excited they all were that they were finally taking a vacation ( no money issues btw) to myrtle beach or someplace like that about 10 hour drive from here

So a week later she tells me she just took a job after being at home for 20 years I congratulate her and say when do you start?

She says Monday! She cancelled the trip! And she can't wait to start dressing up again for work she starts bragging to me.

Now that is selfish especially since she also says " we don't need the money ( which is true) but I want to do this for me". Her dh and kids are upset but are used to her ways.

Geez talk about selfish!

Remember no money issues and she freely admits she is only doing it to get out and oh well the family will get over it.

Fwiw. September would have been soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's sad. I'm one of those who opted to work closer to home and deal with less of a salary rather than commute and make much more. The kids should always come first!

I'm so glad I came across this post today. We're all non-smokers who are cruising with NCL for the first time next March. We have 3 balconies.

Actually, I've come to prefer the 4J cabins on Carnival because of smoke issues that existed with their balconies. I kept having to go inside on the Valor in April, 2013).

I have a suggestion for smokers and do what I did if you can. I was able to change to cabin 8780 on the breakaway which is the last cabin right next to the waterfront where there will be some smoking allowed. So instead of opening my balcony and sitting there and having my cigarette I will open the cabin door and walk to my left and still be able to have my morning coffee with my cigarette. I do have mobility issues and have had many epidurals and the last thing they did was a discectomy and it worked wonders since last July 3. Unfortunately it's been acting up again the last few days so by me doing that cabin move it's not because I'm lazy it's because I have trouble walking and rather not be in a scooter. This seems that it will work for me so I'm fine with the change.