Which island(s) would you do land or sea excursions?

Donna, Is Bernard's tour a private tour guide?? And could we find his information in the forums section??

We are sailing the Jewel of the Seas in November and St. Maarten as well as Barbados and St. Kitts/Nevis, Dominica, Tortola. We have read up a lot and also heard that booking private tours off the ship are always more economical so I'm trying to scope out things to do in each port.

Sorry for the delay in replying....I just saw this.

Bernard's is one of the most popular private tour companies on St. Maarten. You can find recommendations in the St. Maarten forum and on TripAdvisor. His website is: www.bernardstours.com We chose tour II. If seeing the jumbo jets at Maho Beach is a priority, make sure you mention that when you make the reservation (as some folks have said in their reviews that the timing was a bit off on their tour, although this was not our experience nor the experience of most people)

If you are looking for a similar comprehensive tour of St. Kitts at an excellent value, Thenford Grey's tour is awesome! www dot thenfordgrey dot com

Edited by DonnaK

I usually do DIY excursions, but we took the St John excursion from RCL. It was very convenient and left via ferry boat beside the ship. The cost as about the same as if we had done it ourselves. . . and it was a lot less trouble.

I would agree. We always do DIY excursions but the RCL one to St. John is very very convenient and almost the same price. We have done this twice now. The excursion leaves directly from the pier that your ship leaves from (different piers for Oasis and Jewel) and takes you to Cruz Bay on St. John. We have always jumped on a taxi/bus to Trunk Bay but I am sure other posters can recommend other ones. Then a quick trip back to Cruz Bay (lots and lots of taxis always waiting), a cold drink at a local bar then back onto your return journey to St. Thomas. On each of our tours we have been served COPIOUS amounts of free rum punch and it was a great atmosphere. A short stumble/walk to the ship and that's you! Hassle free.

:)

Donna, Is Bernard's tour a private tour guide?? And could we find his information in the forums section??

We are sailing the Jewel of the Seas in November and St. Maarten as well as Barbados and St. Kitts/Nevis, Dominica, Tortola. We have read up a lot and also heard that booking private tours off the ship are always more economical so I'm trying to scope out things to do in each port.

We have just completed a two week B2B on Jewel. I have posted a review but if you have any more questions, please ask....:)