Dawn Dailies from 7/31/05 Cruise

NYHartChapp

It works!

For those who actually want to read these, as opposed to just drool over them, scroll down and click the 'read full size' button; and then click on the enlarged picture to enlarge even further. You'll need to use the scroll buttons to navigate, but it is there.

Thanks so much for posting these. We will be sailing on the Dawn with our daughters on August 28th and are starting to get very excited about our trip. These dailies are so much fun to read - I already have a list of activities I want to fit in (my poor DH!)

Suzanne

thank you so much for posting the dailies. Was there a martini clinic for this sailing?

Also, anyone going on the 8/28 Dawn, please join our roll call. There will be a get together with cc folks and the Dawn staff.

Thanks for posting the dailies.

Viv (my informative fellow cruiser on the 8/28 Dawn) beat me to the punch with the question on the martini clinic!

Here is another question:

What are the times dinner is served at Tappanaki?

As you can see, the 8/28 Dawn cruisers are starting to get ready and are asking many questions with only a few weeks to go!

Thanks again.

Don

thank you so much for posting the dailies. Was there a martini clinic for this sailing?

Also, anyone going on the 8/28 Dawn, please join our roll call. There will be a get together with cc folks and the Dawn staff.

Yes, there was a Martini clinic. I *think* it was on the Saturday return sea day, at 4. We had planned to go but ended up missing it. Oh well, we'll just have to cruise the Dawn again!

I don't recall the Teppanyaki hours, but saw them posted for Aloha as being on the half hour - 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30. We did go at 7:30 so that may be correct for the Dawn as well.

I will be cruising with my husband and 2 children on 8/21. It is our first family cruise. My daughter is 16, my son is almost 12. Should we pre-book excursions or wait til we board? Also, since we are celebrating "Sweet 16" and my 20th Anniversary, do you think we could get an upgrade?

I will be cruising with my husband and 2 children on 8/21. It is our first family cruise. My daughter is 16, my son is almost 12. Should we pre-book excursions or wait til we board? Also, since we are celebrating "Sweet 16" and my 20th Anniversary, do you think we could get an upgrade?

I think you can wait to book shore tours, but have a really good idea of what you want to do so you can do it right away and get that done. All the info is available online, and it will make your first day that much easier if you have all those decisions out of the wayl

An upgrade for 16/20? No (not typically). From what I could tell, tons of folks sailing are celebrating great milestones. (Le Bistro had about 10 plus tables celbrating birthdays and anniversaries each time we were there!)

BUT - if you are willing to pay a bit more, call the upsell desk - you may be able to move up considerably for lots less than the published rate! Do a search for "upsell" and you'll get the phone number and details.

I will be cruising with my husband and 2 children on 8/21. It is our first family cruise. My daughter is 16, my son is almost 12. Should we pre-book excursions or wait til we board?

Pre-Book if you have your heart set on doing anything, my DD wanted to go swimming with the dolphins, and due to her height, she could only do the excursion in Nassau (no height restriction). When we got on board we tried to reserve it and it was booked and we were on a waiting list. Never got to go, so we took her to Disney instead, which I booked the morning we were in Port Canaveral, and it had 4 bus loads of people going to Disney. So it really does matter on which excursions you are interested in. Also if you want to do it ahead of time, make sure it is more than 5 days prior to sailing, at this point your information is sent to the ship and you will have to wait till you board.

Have Fun.

Archived