Driving from the northeast or mid-atlantic region?

CC Help Jenn

Thanks everyone again for the suggestions. We timed it perfectly to get through Richmond before 11pm. Kept driving through the night and will be in PC in about 2 hours now :). Not fun by any means but better to just get it all over with. [ATTACH]322817[/ATTACH][ATTACH]322818[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hope you are getting some R&R by a pool about now!

This really isn't a bad trip if you plan it right. Hopefully you have a nice van where passengers can sort of stretch out.

I'd definitely start around 8 p.m. and just power your way through the night. There isn't anything going on at night and you can keep a steady speed while making your way down, stopping for only gas/coffee and restroom/stretch breaks.

By the time the morning rush hour hits, you should be somewhere in South Carolina where you can stop and get breakfast. From there it's easy

Personally I think Jacksonville is too far away from Port Canaveral to settle there for the night . . . for that matter, so is St. Augustine. You've just done all that driving . . . why subject yourself to another 2 hours the morning of the cruise . . . get it out of the way. I've driven from Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral the morning of the cruise and I absolutely hated it and you are talking about a similar drive from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral.

Furthest away I'd be is Daytona Beach but I'd suggest Cocoa Beach as the ideal location . . . or Titusville if you don't mind not being on the beach for the night. Hotels close to the port are fine also, but you have a car so you don't have to be ham-stringed with the port hotel traffic.

If you have 6 people going, it's really a no brainer to make the drive. So much money saved over airline tickets that could be used for ship/port expenses.

On the way back I'd pick a city on the east coast to spend the night in and just do it. Savannah, Myrtle Beach . . . there are a couple of good options. Then be back home Sunday afternoon (assuming a 7 day cruise).

It'll be fun.

I still would definately vote to stopping in Jacksonville and get a good night's rest. There are many reasonably priced hotels all along I-95. The two hour drive to PC is very easy because traffic flows very well.

Edited by GTO-Girl

Nice. We have always flown to Florida for cruises but now are thinking of driving to PC. What was the total amount of driving time from Richmond area to PC? Have a great cruise

Not couting stops/breakfast id say it was about 11 hrs or so from Richmond

Edited by Help@