Have you ever taken a cruise and lost weight

gelli8112

I tend to lose weight for about a month before the cruise. Then put on all I lost during the holiday.

This is usually my diary:

Day 1 embark - feeling fab, nice mild fake tan, hair in great condition, skirt fits at waist. Eat salad in Windjammer. Eat fruit for breakfast.

Days 1-3 drink moderate alcohol, eat only at meal times, maybe add a little cheese etc into my buffet meal. Add a sausage to my breakfast.

Days 4 - 6 loving the cocktails! Perhaps too much blue lagoon after dinner, so quick bite of pizza before bed.

Days 7 upwards. Fake tan replaced with weird colours of natural sun. Hair looking a bit like straw. Feeling full most of the time now. Skirts a tad uncomfortable. Try to find room for salad on plate. Still enjoying the blue lagoons, maybe also during the afternoon..... After the cake.

Disembarkation day: I have months and months to lose the weight, no problem.

Haha I love this, I am like that on holiday.

I never loose weight on holiday, I am too much of a gourmet. I dont eat to get really full but I just want to try everything and anything...especially in port.

Last year was my first cruise and thankfully I spent so much time swimming I maintained my weight give or take a few pounds. I think limiting my cocktails instead helped the most.

Usually I diet before holiday to my weigh tops up to normal but I forgot last year. This year its a month to go and I have dropped 6lbs and hoping for more. It makes eating the cruise even better because Ive been living on 900 calories a day. :D

Have you ever taken a cruise and lost weight. The food on a cruise is wonderful. The problem is that whenever I get back, I have to spend 6 weeks exercising to get rid of that one week of food. Has anyone managed to maintain or lose weight on a cruise.

I always lose a few pounds on a cruise. I don't eat any more than I normally would....I don't like that overstuffed feeling and I walk and do the stairs a lot more than I would at home sitting behind my desk at my office job.

We joined Weight Watchers in January and we've been on one cruise during that time. Since we follow the simple start program (instead of counting points), there really isn't anything that is totally off limits for us.

We don't think of it as dieting even though we are losing weight. For us it's just a healthy eating plan that currently has the happy consequence of us losing weight.

Having said that I gained 3lbs of the 5 that I had lost on my last cruise. We had only been on the program for a couple of weeks when the cruise happened. In the 2 weeks following the cruise I lost 2.2lbs, then 9.2, so clearly I had some water weight.

We are leaving on our next cruise in 2 months and I feel confident that I will be able to make even better choices and not only not have a gain, but will at least maintain the 31.4lbs that I have lost this year.

On our last cruise both my wife and I lost weight. We get up every morning and hit the gym just like we do when we are at home. She usually gets in about an hour...I go thirty minutes more. We also watch what we eat, but if we want to eat something we do...just in morderation.

I share the opinion of my doctors when it comes to "gimmicks" like eat a lot of carbs, or eat mostly fruits and vegetables, or focus on protiens, etc. I don't give a rats patoot what you eat, if you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight. It is that simple.

We joined Weight Watchers...

We are leaving on our next cruise in 2 months and I feel confident that I will be able to make even better choices and not only not have a gain, but will at least maintain the 31.4lbs that I have lost this year.

Congrats on the success. My wife and I have been with Weight Watchers for a couple of years (this time around). She is down 113 and I am down 99. Keep it up.

Yes, on several.

If we take the stairs and start each day with some cardio in the gym, avoid the rolls and desserts, it is easy to not gain or, even better, drop a few pounds.

And think of the cruise as being on a spa vacation. Eat healthy... exercise!

Edited by dorisis

My husband and I both tend to lose a few pounds. We take the stairs most times and walk laps on the promenade deck. We book aft-facing cabins, so have to walk a lot just to get anywhere. We also like port intensive itineraries and usually choose excursions like hiking or swimming. We usually end up physically exhausted and meals are just to fuel up. We don't really eat more on a cruise than we would at home.