Panama Canal trans canal vs. partial?

michaelsop

I would recommend the Princess 15 day two day Panama experience cruise. Not only do you get to do a full transit but the ship tenders off of Panama City and you get to spend a full day in Panama. I lived down there and think so many people miss out by not seeing the city, they think it is like Colon which is completely wrong. Whatever you select you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done the full transit twice Once each way, and the partial transit about 5 times. Once on the partial we went on a tour to the last of the locks, Having done both I really don't think there is any great advantage in doing the full transit. And air is pretty much a very good reason to do the turn around.We are booked for another round trip. that will be after the canal is widened but we will still be on the Coral Princess. Perfect ship for the canal,

You guys aren't helping. :D

The OP said "I was thinking I wanted to do the full crossing, but now wondering if it is worth the extra cost."

I simply stated my preference for the partial vs the full transit.

Edited by JimAOk1945

I have agonized for months and months (see posts on Royal C. boards) about how to arrange for 3 adults (sister, my husband and me) to share a cabin on a 14 - 15 night Panama canal crossing. Never could work it but DS came up with a solution - Partial Transit! Wonderful. So I am taking the 11 night partial in April with DH for our 25 anniversary then in December 2015 I'm taking the 10 night with DS. So I get 21 days of cruises, just wish it was on Royal!

Edited by temple1

The OP said "I was thinking I wanted to do the full crossing, but now wondering if it is worth the extra cost."

I simply stated my preference for the partial vs the full transit.

Yes I read that, my attempt at a joke was that on back to back post one said no reason to do a full and then the next post was about not seeing the reason to do the partial.

All thoughts are welcomed, but in the end I guess like most things CC there is no consensus.