Crew change?

Euby

I have no doubt! These are the two who, if nobody was there when they got back from a break, would just leave again. Lots of undercurrents, pouting and extra curricular activities. That's the pair.

Well she had some side action going on. Not with the violinist.

The Guest Entertainers and Musicians are not technically members of the crew and come and go per their own schedule. These folks are not trained to work during emergencies. Some lines do train their regular entertainment staff (such as the singers and dancers) so they can function as crew during emergencies.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Guest Entertainers and Musicians are not technically members of the crew and come and go per their own schedule. These folks are not trained to work during emergencies. Some lines do train their regular entertainment staff (such as the singers and dancers) so they can function as crew during emergencies.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guest entertainers? Correct!; they function as non-rev pax

HAL Musicians (HAL Cats/Neptunes/Adaggio duo/Solo Guitar and Piano Bar entertainer) are on the crew manifest and most definitely are part of the crew, as are cast members (singers & dancers)! Some of them have emergency functions, i.e. traffic directors. All are mandated to participate in crew only drills!

Guest entertainers? Correct!; they function as non-rev pax

HAL Musicians (HAL Cats/Neptunes/Adaggio duo/Solo Guitar and Piano Bar entertainer) are on the crew manifest and most definitely are part of the crew, as are cast members (singers & dancers)! Some of them have emergency functions, i.e. traffic directors. All are mandated to participate in crew only drills!

Does anyone remember the case of a member of the cast (one of the leads), whose Parents were aboard a HAL ship in Alaska..

The cast member was scheduled for a specific function, which may have been a crew safety drill for the day & asked to be relieved of her duties to spend the day with her parents.. Her boss on HAL refused to relieve her..So she decided to take a chance & go on her own & not attend to the function...

The Hotel Mgr & the Captain called her into a meeting & she was fired that day & told to immediately leave the ship.. Her DH also a cast member chose to leave with her while the Parents remained on board.. The two cast members had to pay their own way home..

Either the Parents or the lady herself was complaining on Cruise Critic about the unfair treatment by HAL.. LOL

No one felt sorry for the girl & her DH..

Edited by serendipity1499

We'll be on Veendam in 25 days and will provide a full report. I read the relevant reviews and when their is such a wide variation between more than one review I tend to think the reviewers might be at least part of the problem.

I look forward to reading it. Especially any impressions of ships officers and the hotel/cruise activity staff.