running track

white van man

I'd like to know about the Island's running track. :) Also, does anyone remember what type of equipment they have in the gym? If we have time on our cruise next month, I'd like to get some workouts in.

No real running track. There is a 360 degree promenade, approx 3 laps/mile, on deck 7, but you will have to run very early in the morning. It gets too crowded with walkers starting around 8am. Another place to run is the Sun deck 16 where you would have to run in a "U". This also gets crowded so you have to go before others start using the area. You can also try deck 16 fwd. Probably about 10 laps to the mile. Fitness center has treadmills and other aerobic equipment. Princess also has free Zumba each day which will probably be in the Universe Lounge. Check the Princess Patter for times & location. It is an hour long pretty intense workout and is well attended.

The fitness centers I've seen on ships have lots of treadmills. They have a wide variety of weight machines and a few things I have no idea what they're for. They also have free weights. The exercise cycles are locked up except for spin classes, which cost an additional fee.

I'd like to know about the Island's running track. :) Also, does anyone remember what type of equipment they have in the gym? If we have time on our cruise next month, I'd like to get some workouts in.

Does princess cay have a running path?? (Assuming that was what you are referring to as "the island")

If so where?? I plan to get an ocean swim and run in during our "beach" day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does princess cay have a running path?? (Assuming that was what you are referring to as "the island")

If so where?? I plan to get an ocean swim and run in during our "beach" day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Island" refers to the ship Island Princess. There is no running or walking path at Princess Cays. You could run back and forth at the back of the beach area, but it will probably be crowded with people walking around. You also may be able to exit the property at the back gate where there is a local market area, and run up and back on the local road. Check with the local authorities at the gate. You will need to bring your cruise card with you and may need proper ID if you leave the market area.

"Island" refers to the ship Island Princess. There is no running or walking path at Princess Cays. You could run back and forth at the back of the beach area, but it will probably be crowded with people walking around. You also may be able to exit the property at the back gate where there is a local market area, and run up and back on the local road. Check with the local authorities at the gate. You will need to bring your cruise card with you and may need proper ID if you leave the market area.

Yes, I was asking about the Island Princess. :)