Reef or Aqua shoes for Tahiti

CLOU

I am not a snorkeler, although I may try it in Tahiti when I am on the PG at the end of May, but I do plan on doing the waverunner trip. I have read that I should have reef shoes. Since I probably won't use them much in the future, I don't want to spend a lot of money. When I do an on-line search for reef shoes, I get a lot of sites with flip flops. When I search aqua shoes I find very pricy, water proof tennis shoes. Any suggestions about the type of shoes I should be buying and where I can get them.

You can get the water-sockie thingies quite cheaply. I paid about 25 bucks for mine, at a dive shop, but I've heard that at the right time of year, you can get them at places like Walmart for a few bucks. Well worth it. The sandals are a bit awkward in the water, and you definitely need something on your feet, even if you are just wading.

Wendy

PG May, 2000

PG April, 2003

Diamond, 14/06/04

I've swum before with dive shoes and Tevas before. Found them equally as awkward. Use whichever you think is more comfortable and might use again in the future. Make sure that whatever you buy fits securely on your feet - the more loose it is, the more drag you'll have and the more difficulty you'll have walking/swimming in water.

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check out Walmart's selection. Hoefully, we are close enough to the summer season that they will already be stocking them in the mid-Atlantic area.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check out Teva shoes and Walmart's selection. Hoefully, we are close enough to the summer season that they will already be stocking them in the mid-Atlantic area.

I bought Tevas just for our PG trip and loved them for both wet and dry situations, but I wished I'd had two pairs. Asking one pair to do double duty was a bit much; sometimes I had to wear them slightly damp which is as comfy as putting on a wet swim suit. So I suggest you have sandals and water shoes. By the way, I love those Tevas! I wear them all the time, with socks on cool days and without on warm ones.

CLOU, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

MarnaLou

I have 2 pair.

One I bought at Walmart for $4.99

the other I bought at K Mart for $5.00

They both work great.

I like to wear them while washing the car.

I have looked at the expensive ones, but these work perfect for those of use that seldom have a need for them.

I bought a pair of expensive water shoes/sandals (Keen - at REI) and a cheap pair of water shoes at Walmart and only really wore the water shoes. The bottoms disintigrated pretty quickly so I dumped them before packing to come home. Well worth the $4.99!

<HR>

10/01 - Costa Classica (Italy and Greek Islands)

03/02 - Celebrity Infinity (Caribbean)

03/04 - Paul Gauguin (French Polynesia) - PARADISE!

Archived