"Sightseeing" tours in Papeete and Bora Bora

jst4fun715

When we left our ship in Papeete, we too, were looking for an island tour. Friends we met on the cruise accidently ran into a tour operator who was dropping off guests at a hotel and got his business card. Once we checked into the IC, we asked the hotel's concierge about this tour operator and it seemed found a well know and reputable tour operator. Dave's VIP Tours. Reviews on TA are very positive.

We managed to book a full day island tour. Dave picked us up at the IC and from there we spent the day exploring the island, lots of stops along the way. Dave has a vast knowledge of the island and fully narrated the entire trip. Small van experience, umbrellas for the unexpected downpour. Would do this again.

On Bora Bora we did the traditional trip with Patrick - had to be the highlight of the cruise. A few guests for PG also joined us Princess guests.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Regarding BoraBora- doing a traditional excursion including snorkeling, motu BBQ and 4X4 such as Patrick's full day tour is well worth it. Even though you are not fond of water activities....IMO the best way to see BoraBora is from the water.

I posted a picture on your other thread. After 6 years, I finally figured out how to do it. :rolleyes:

I took a look at your site, very well done. The FP reviews, pictures and commentary are great. Very helpful for those in the planning stages. We did a few of the same excursions & have similar snapshots, wonderful memories!!

(That view from the IC Tahiti looking toward Moorea..was the first thing we saw when we woke up from a long flight, breathtaking)

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to view it.That was the whole idea-- to inform others who are planning and to give those who don't have an opportunity to travel to far off places ( especially friends) an arm chair experience so they can see and understand the history etc of what they are viewing. Otherwise it is just a pretty picture with no context. A different approach, but my parents were history teachers and it kind of rubbed off. Besides, I find the history of places fascinating.

I have that picture of Moorea from the IC Tahiti as the background on my IPad :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 year later...

We used Reef Discovery in Bora Bora for snorkeling trip. Were very disappointed. It was a windy and rough day, so that probably had some bearing our on experience, however, there were several thins that happened that we were not happy about. Safety: we were never shown where the life jackets were at any time while on the trip, when we asked we were told that he would do that later. At one snorkel point my husband who is a very good swimmer, even if he is in his forties, said that he would go in and tell the rest of us whether we should try this adventure as we were somewhat novices. He got in the water and at one point decided with the roughness of the water and the current he should head back to the boat which was not particularly nearby. He had difficulty getting back to the boat as the current was taking him in the opposite direction. When he did get back he was exhausted. You would never believe but there was no ladder to get back into the boat. Actually, I should not say there was not a ladder there, was, but it was not down. With a little looking we (those on board) managed to kind the ladder and let it down for him to get back on the bus. All of this with no guide in site to help. Now, there were nine of us on board. Seven of us decided that it was too rough to enjoy and asked if we could just be put on one of the islands while the other two snorkeled. That did not happen. Through all of this only the two experienced snorkelers got to do anything, and that lasted until we finally had to go back to the port as the weather was getting worse.

Just did not think that any attempt was made to satisfy the majority on board, even after a suggestion from us. I would not use them again.