Seabourn caribbean voyage with small children

starcraft

Please don't take your children on Seabourn until they are, at least, in double figures age-wise, and even then, only with caution.

We always cruise Seabourn without our children (currently 8 and 9) and cruise on other larger ships (like HAL) with the children.

Seabourn is for relaxation and tranquillity; there are many other lines that cater beautifully for the little people -it's not just about your child and how well behaved they are. Ours behave beautifully but they would simply not enjoy Seabourn - there is nothing for them.

At the risk of being shouted down, I would prefer not to endure other peoples' children, however charming, when I'm on a holiday which is intended specifically to give me an opportunity for downtime from my own. Entirely selfish, but there it is.

Taking such a young child, even a perfectly behaved one, won't be any kind of vacation for you or her as you will be required to be "on duty" 24/7. There are no child crèche/club facilities whatsoever, the pool will be out of bounds, babysitting in the evening will be problematic, dining options limited and you will run the gamut of disapproving looks from fellow passengers who are there specifically to get away from the kids for a few precious days. There are PLENTY of other cruise lines out there offering Caribbean itineraries and excellent childcare facilities and entertainment.

The world today tends to revolve around our children and that's fine in most cases, but luxury cruising still offers a brief haven of child free down time for the grown ups: long may it last.

It was the Spirit.

I have seen a high chair available in the Colonnade on the new ships. In the dining room, however, though there could be some available, I have seen parents bring in their toddler in a buggy - with a sheet over - and surreptitiously feed her with bits of bread while they were eating! Very strange.

Daneite, you will see that you are very much in a minority here, and I agree with the majority. I have seen a family with grandparents and parents cope pretty well with a toddler between them, as they seemed to share the care, but otherwise still think Seabourn is totally unsuitable for a small child. I personally would hate to get the black looks which you would certainly get from some of the other passengers when any problems like crying loudly happened.

I remember one sailing (Pride) a couple came into the Club....sat at one of the "fish bowl" tables and fed their baby with a couple of little jars of baby food ~after feeding the baby, got up and left leaving the "mess" for the waiter to clean up the table! :eek:

Sitting close by at another table, we thought it despicable.

Couldn't they have fed her in their suite?

Didn't see them too often out in public rooms ~

Seabourn is simply not for babies or small children.

Martita B

I remember one sailing (Pride) a couple came into the Club....sat at one of the "fish bowl" tables and fed their baby with a couple of little jars of baby food ~after feeding the baby, got up and left leaving the "mess" for the waiter to clean up the table! :eek:

Sitting close by at another table, we thought it despicable.

Couldn't they have fed her in their suite?

Didn't see them too often out in public rooms ~

Seabourn is simply not for babies or small children.

Martita B

Sounds like the parent's Momma did not do a very good job on them.:D