What's up with the cigar bar?

kjbacon

I've read a good bit of the recent smoking threads, but not all so it could be that I've missed this. It seems like the cigar bar isn't a good solution for the cigarette smokers, but why? Are cigarettes allowed in there or do the cigarette smokers prefer not to be around the cigar smokers? Of all the times that I cruised NCL as a smoker, I never went in there since cigars were not appealing to me. Now that I'm a non smoker (yay !) I'm curious why the cigar bar isn't presenting as a bigger part of the solution.

It may be that those making the decitions are aware of cigar smokers preferring to notbe around cigarette smoke while smoking cigars. A cigar is a pure form of tobacco without additives. Cigarettes are mixed and sprayed with chemicals and the effect is a harsh acrid smell. Many find cigars overly stinky but the two don't mix.

My husband frequents the cigar bar on the Gem. He brings his own cigars and also purchases some on board. There is a special drink menu of things that go well with a cigar , he likes scotch with a cigar. It's not very large and if you had a lot of cigarette smokers in there I don't think it would be pleasant . I don't think the ventilation could handle it. I have been in there when one or two cigarette smokers were there and it wasn't as enjoyable. Get more then 10 ppl with cigarettes in there and IMHO, it would be a disaster. Just too small.

Cigarette smokers are usually intimidated by cigar smokers.

It's all to do with size and duration :D

Ahhh, is that the way it is :D

I would think it makes more sense for the smokers to try to live with the smokers than for the smokers to try to live with the non smokers. I mean, if cigar and cigarette smokers can't manage together .....