Carnival Breeze-tips, hidden "gems" that you've found?

tiggermom

That Cucina del Capitano place has a FREE lunch, where you pick your pasta, sauce, & as many toppings as you want. It is very good, and the perfect place for your embarkation lunch. There's a hot dog stand (that's rarely open) up around the mini golf area. I didn't try it, but some people like it.

The deck 5 lanai has many deck chairs set up out there if you want a less crowded spot for laying in the sun or the shade.

There are many of those public observation decks that overlook the front of the ship. Decks 11, 10, 9, 7, 6, & 5. With the one on deck 5, it's part of the lanai, so you don't go through a door to get to it, but it's still the same thing. The back of deck 5 is also really nice, overlooking the wake from down low.

One other secret is that the waterslides are not restricted to kids only. Adults are allowed to ride them too!

The 4D theater is pretty fun, if you are young at heart. The "movies" are short & all cartoons, but I enjoyed them. I went many times, buying the unlimited pass. The nighttime entertainment on this ship can be dull, so that was money well spent for me.

The lunch at Cucina Del, can you just grab and go back to your lounge chair or is it sit down? I guess what I really need to know I'd there a lunch time dress code or are bathing suits acceptable? Sounds great but I am not going back to room to change just for lunch...

That Cucina del Capitano place has a FREE lunch, where you pick your pasta, sauce, & as many toppings as you want. It is very good, and the perfect place for your embarkation lunch.

Man you just made my Day-One. Thanks! :D also to everybody else who confirmed.

Our favorite park of the ship was anywhere on Deck 5 which goes all around the ship on the outside.

... Wonderful crew....

Same with Dream, Deck 5 walk-around was my favorite part of that ship. And most if not all is open air? This was also the deciding factor in my choosing Breeze over Freedom for my next cruise.

That's also great to hear about the crew. I'm a big fan of friendly cruise staff. I got spoiled that way on Triumph in 2008.

Edited by Moonarino

This is the ship I'm thinking about for next October. Also thinking this will be the first balcony for us. Which deck would be best for that?

On Dream (same ship) I had a balcony on Deck 8 starboard, about a dozen rooms from the bow. From there it was fun watching people place chess on the big board. And everything else was at least okay about that room and area.

FYI, on Dream, Port side midships is an outdoor cafe for smokers. I know because I am one. And I'm guessing it may be the same on Breeze. So you may not want to get a lower balcony on the port side midships (again, if Breeze mirrors Dream in that aspect).

The lunch at Cucina Del, can you just grab and go back to your lounge chair or is it sit down? I guess what I really need to know I'd there a lunch time dress code or are bathing suits acceptable? Sounds great but I am not going back to room to change just for lunch...

Repeating your question in case it gets obscured by my 2 posts above, and I'm also curious about this... Anybody?

Edited by Moonarino

Yes you can get it to go, but I didn't try it. Saw people standing around until their dishes were served. Dress code was less strict than the MDR, not sure on just bathing suits though.

I also saw people walking around with their left overs from the Japanese restaurant, so that place has doggie bags.

Marketplace floor on Lido's port side was slick, even late in the evening when waterworks and pool were closed. Wore sneakers and flip-fops, I just learned not to move to quickly.

Edited by justlaff69

• 1 month later...

1. If you reserve the steakhouse on night 1, you get a complimentary bottle of wine

2. Cucina del Capitano is open on embarkation day, almost nobody knows it is

3. A cove balcony is a great way to see the water because the lanai isn't in the way

4. There are showers in the spa locker room just in case your stateroom gets too crowded

I would think that bathing suits are not acceptable. They aren't even acceptable at the buffet.

I've seen people go into the buffet in just swimwear and nothing was said to them. I wore dry swimtrunks and a t-shirt in at the cucina and no one said a word but those trunks look like shorts. I've worn them in the mdr during breakfast and Seaday brunch too.

Loved the sushi restaurant, very inexpensive and sooooo sooooo good!! Don't miss it! Red Frog pub is great place to sit around , be lazy and play some cards or dominioes (which they supply for free up at the bar) or chess or backgamon. The wings are pretty tasty and so are the conch fritters and cheap!!

Go to the serenity deck late at night and chill on the hammock , so peaceful and relaxing (even fell asleep for about 40 minutes).

If you do not have a spa room then go buy a week pass and endulge in the thermal suites and thalsmo pool and enjoy seperate huge locker rooms with nice big big showers. Big mirrors and counter tops with built in blow dryers. so much nicer to take a shower up there (was NEVER more then 2 people in there) with lots of room, then slip on a sun dress and go to your cabin and get dressed for dinnner!! You must have a spa room or a spa pass to use these locker /shower rooms.

Definatley play the Quest game (can't remember which night it was) but be sure to look it up! It was hysterical and sooo much fun, we were on Team #12 (Matt Mitchum and Orlando) should remember us!!! Don't miss it!!!

Enjoy the late night comedy shows ....they were great!

We found that the dinner in the reg dining room was taking up wayyyy to much of our time! We only ended up eating in there 2 or 3 times out of our 8 night cruise! Just overwhelmed , and short staffed I suppose. Find other dining options and keep your dinners to a minium in the main dining room if you don't want to wast nearly 3 hours!

Enjoy! Loved the Breeze so much we all planned a re-union cruise next Sept 26,2015!!!!

• 2 weeks later...