Carnival Breeze-tips, hidden "gems" that you've found?

tiggermom

On the Dream the omelet station was by the Mongolian Wok, or maybe it was where the wok is in the morning. You can get them to fry your eggs there too. Like mine over easy. The scrambled eggs on the buffet were nasty. The best breakfast was in the Sea Day Brunch. You could get steak and eggs and it was really good. People start lining up at 8:30.

Thank you! On another thread I mentioned that I didn't care for the lasagne on the Dream but didn't remember what it was that I didn't like about it. Can't remember EVER leaving over lasagne. That would be like refusing a free cruise! I love the episode of the Golden Girls when Blanche is so upset she takes a pan of Sophia's lasagne, cuts off a single serving, puts it in a plate but digs into the pan.

We liked the lasagna on the Dream but knew there was something different about it. They said it had sweet potatoes in it.

Be very careful when walking through the Lido Marketplace....the floor is slippery as snot. Even your best tennis shoes won't make a difference.

I was on the Breeze about 20 months ago and figured they would have addressed that by now.

I've posted about those extremely slippery floors on a few Breeze threads only to be slammed by a few Breeze lovers. Just beware. The ship is beautiful but the floors in the Lido Marketplace are very, very slippery. Hard not to notice; it's unlike any cruiseship floor I've walked on before (and I've been on 7 cruises so far).

P.S. It's okay to love a ship and point out something not so desireable about it. It's nice to give people heads up on something that could hurt them. The rest of the ship is beautiful! Just walk carefully back there.

This is the ship I'm thinking about for next October. Also thinking this will be the first balcony for us. Which deck would be best for that?

I'm cruising in a cove balcony, close to the ocean and no one can see you (unlike those on the decks above the lanai). Also, when I booked as a solo, Carnival was running a special that actually made the cove the cheapest cabin on the ship - now that's a bargain!

But I haven't sailed yet, so I can't give you a first-hand review of what it's like though it seems to have lots of fans. Check the cabin reviews for Breeze on CC.

I read about the slippery floor on the Breeze but didn't have that problem at all in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If everyone was slipping all over the Market Place then Carnival would be up to their eats in lawsuits.;)

Edited by cruise pup

My past 3 sailings have been on the Breeze - it is a great ship! I would recommend the Behind the Fun Tour, but be sure to book it early in the cruise! Lots of tasty treats and surprises, and pics with the Captain.

I am another fan of the hot dog cart. And also the soup and salad available at the Taste Bar at lunch time.

If you are going to watch the movies on deck in the evenings, take some butter salt with you :)

Another question about Cucina del Capitano....

I was on the Dream which has the lunch Pasta Bar which I guess is similar but wasn't open in the evening. So looked forward to the Lasgna but found that instead of having ground beef and/or sausage, it was made with what I consider, like a roast beef. Big chunks. Didn't care for it.

Is this normal or does Cucina del Capitano do a more traditional Lasgna?

We also did not care for the lasagne recipe, it was like pulled pork or roast beef chunks instead of the traditional ground meat, and the squash or sweet potatoes were very odd. The bolognese sauce on the pasta wasn't bad, but as we left we noticed most orders coming up on the line were alfredos. Never tried those, but will do so next time:) We loved how you built your own meal arounds sauces and pastas and add-ins including shrimp, sausage, meat and veggies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And also the soup and salad available at the Taste Bar at lunch time.
I didn't know that. Might be worthwhile to avoid the crowds up on the Lido. I assume the soup will be the same kind as up there. For whoever wants an early lunch on a sea day, the Sea Brunch is wonderful. You are served at the table and some of the offerings are definitely more suitable for lunch, such as the pork chop (one of my favorites) and caesar salad. I just wish they had a more interesting soup on the menu. I think it's a tomato soup that's pretty boring.

I'm cruising in a cove balcony, close to the ocean and no one can see you (unlike those on the decks above the lanai). Also, when I booked as a solo, Carnival was running a special that actually made the cove the cheapest cabin on the ship - now that's a bargain!

But I haven't sailed yet, so I can't give you a first-hand review of what it's like though it seems to have lots of fans. Check the cabin reviews for Breeze on CC.

We're staying on cove balconies too, can't wait!

the floors are very slippery in the Lido market place. I also found sneakers were worse on those floors for some reason. I am surprised carnival hasn't done anything about it. I slipped and hurt my ankle but didn't sue them but made the rest of my vacation a bit slower to get around and having to ice my ankle a few times a day. Just walk carefully you will have a great time!

We were on the Breeze in Dec. & yes, the floors in the Lido Marketplace ARE slippery!

We enjoyed the Breeze so much that we are on her again in 2 weeks...Woot :D

The crew working in the Red Frog Pub on deck 5 & Red Frog Rum Bar, on Lido, were the best we've seen...so friendly and fun, fun, fun!

Do not forget to try Guy's Burgers!

DH says he wants one on every ship on every line...LOL

Sea Day Brunch was a big winner in our book also...mega-yum!

Second the Steak & Eggs vote.....the potatoes are a bit odd though.

If everyone was slipping all over the Market Place then Carnival would be up to their eats in lawsuits.;)

I noticed from your signature that you've never been on the Breeze before but you will be going soon. Do us a favor and report back on those floors when you get back. It's like walking on ice back there....literally.

But again, that's the only knock I have on the ship. Everything else is nice. Not my favor ship (DW and I just love the Freedom) but it's nice.

The Lido areas are wet from people walking around in dripping wet swim suits despite clear instructions to wear proper clothing. Back by Waterworks it's very slippery and they do mop all the time and have cones up. I personally slipped on the Dream and saw at least two other people slip in the same exact spot I did. The Breeze has the same Waterworks slippery floor problem, especially coming out of the deck 11 hallways into Waterworks. Certain shoes work better than others in those areas, and personally, the decks to the slides are extremely (as in seriously burn your feet hot) hot and shoes are a necessity there.

The Lido areas are wet from people walking around in dripping wet swim suits despite clear instructions to wear proper clothing. Back by Waterworks it's very slippery and they do mop all the time and have cones up. I personally slipped on the Dream and saw at least two other people slip in the same exact spot I did. The Breeze has the same Waterworks slippery floor problem, especially coming out of the deck 11 hallways into Waterworks. Certain shoes work better than others in those areas, and personally, the decks to the slides are extremely (as in seriously burn your feet hot) hot and shoes are a necessity there.

I was wondering while I walked on Deck 10 of the Carnival Splendor why I was feeling "rain". It turned out the wind was blowing the spray from Waterworks.

• 5 weeks later...
My past 3 sailings have been on the Breeze - it is a great ship! I would recommend the Behind the Fun Tour, but be sure to book it early in the cruise! Lots of tasty treats and surprises, and pics with the Captain.

What all is involved on the tour and how much? I'm sure a simple Google would tell me, but I'm going into lazy mode... Practicing for our cruise on Breeze in November. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I scrolled a few threads down and found my answer... But in case anyone else is interested:

Behind The Fun Tour

[url=https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/BehindTheFunTour.htm]https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/BehindTheFunTour.htm]

Sent from my iPad using Forums