Questions from a newbie to MSC

7uvus

My husband and I will be cruising on the Divina in 3 weeks for our 25th anniversary. We have never cruise on MSC, but are Platinum on Princess, and have cruised on Celebrity, Carnival, RC and Holland. We have enjoyed every one of them, regardless of the reviews:0) I have a few questions...

1. Do they allow a lounge chair on the larger balcony cabins?

2. Any suggestions on quiet areas on deck with views of the water, for lounging and reading a book? Is there a pool area that is quieter than others?

3. Is there a jogging path that goes all the way around?

4. Are there areas on the private island right off the water, where we have shade? Or is renting a clam shell worth the cost?

5. Any good tips/secrets that you can share?

6. We do like to have our dinners in the main dining, but prefer to just grab a quick bit for lunch...any preferences on places or food at the buffet?

7. Is the dress code for day and evening very similar to all the other cruise lines?

8. Any 'must sees or do's' on the Divina?

Thanks so much for any answers! I love cruise critic!

My husband and I will be cruising on the Divina in 3 weeks for our 25th anniversary. We have never cruise on MSC, but are Platinum on Princess, and have cruised on Celebrity, Carnival, RC and Holland. We have enjoyed every one of them, regardless of the reviews:0) I have a few questions...

2. Any suggestions on quiet areas on deck with views of the water, for lounging and reading a book? Is there a pool area that is quieter than others?

4. Are there areas on the private island right off the water, where we have shade? Or is renting a clam shell worth the cost?

6. We do like to have our dinners in the main dining, but prefer to just grab a quick bit for lunch...any preferences on places or food at the buffet?

7. Is the dress code for day and evening very similar to all the other cruise lines?

Are you sailing on August 23rd 7uvus?

1. Yes,,most extended or larger balcony staterooms will have one or two lounge chairs

2. The Garden Pool on deck 15 aft is fairly quiet,but the Solarium on deck 18 is your best bet. It does cost extra to use the lounge chairs or clam shells, I think $15.00 for the whole day.

3. Deck 15 has a "Power Walking" track

4. We have a cabana reserved for Great Stirrup Cay,,we've never been so I can't go into great detail.

5. Definitely check out the shows at night, they are fantastic. There are 3 theme night parties, The White Party, The Flower Glory Party(60's and 70's) and Italian night. We'll dress for all three,,,why not??

6. There are two buffets: Calumet Buffet, midship deck 14, and the Manitou Buffet, deck 14 aft.

7. Dress how you like, cruise casual,,men are required to wear long pants to enter the dining rooms after 6:00pm, but we've seen men wearing shorts. Wear what you like and what you are comfortable with.

8. Again,,check out the production shows at night. We love to dance, so you will find us in the Galaxy Disco every night.

As it is for a special event:- Upgrade to the yacht club!!!!

remember the price of the yacht club includes an all inclusive drinks and mini bar entitlement, so can prove cheaper than a top grade balcony with a drinks package bought as well.

I paid £1149pp for a 7 night cruise when a B3 cabin cost £1099pp and the AI added anoher £154pp on top. Total price £1253pp.

So it was £104 cheaper to go in the yacht club and get the extra privilidges throw in

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete,

I have never seen the YC come up when I have tried to book a cruise. Maybe they are all booked and also know only available on some ships, but am I missing something?

Pete,

I have never seen the YC come up when I have tried to book a cruise. Maybe they are all booked and also know only available on some ships, but am I missing something?

The Yacht Club is on the Fantasia class ships - Fantasia, Splendida, Preziosa & Divina.

I trawl through the MSC website sailings of these ships every now and again to see what the YC prices are showing - they don't always flag discounted prices. It'll just come up as part of the overall early booking (or other) special prices.

Pete, you were lucky to get it at such as a small difference in price. On my upcoming trip I got the YC for almost 50% of what they're quoting now but I had to book before Feb 28th. But I'm still paying 50% more than a balcony cabin which really wouldn't cover even the Allegrissimo Premium! Having said that I still feel I got a great bargain ;)

The Yacht Club is on the Fantasia class ships - Fantasia, Splendida, Preziosa & Divina.

I trawl through the MSC website sailings of these ships every now and again to see what the YC prices are showing - they don't always flag discounted prices. It'll just come up as part of the overall early booking (or other) special prices.

Pete, you were lucky to get it at such as a small difference in price. On my upcoming trip I got the YC for almost 50% of what they're quoting now but I had to book before Feb 28th. But I'm still paying 50% more than a balcony cabin which really wouldn't cover even the Allegrissimo Premium! Having said that I still feel I got a great bargain ;)

This is one I found earlier this year

B3 Balcony £839 add AI(ordinary not premium) at £22pn for 14 nights, £308. Total price £1147

YC1 £999

SAVINGS by going YC is £148

aaa.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

This is one I found earlier this year

B3 Balcony £839 add AI(ordinary not premium) at £22pn for 14 nights, £308. Total price £1147

YC1 £999

SAVINGS by going YC is £148

Incredible really, isn't it? But, unless a TA advertises it, you have to search the website for the bargains!

Always love the way you insert the info, bytheway.

Incredible really, isn't it? But, unless a TA advertises it, you have to search the website for the bargains!

Always love the way you insert the info, bytheway.

Thank you for the kind words.It's nice to know the effort is appreciated.

I firmly believe that if you can back up any information wth an image demonstrating the point it gives the info that extra bit of kudos and will help people make better informed descisions with confidence.

Pete

I firmly believe that if you can back up any information wth an image demonstrating the point it gives the info that extra bit of kudos and will help people make better informed descisions with confidence.

Pete

Not everyone is as adept (or computer literate aka me) to do what you do! I just about manage the quote function on this :o

I do find all your info on cabin sizes and positions invaluable. I've learned how to use the deck plans better from the things you point out and feel confident enough to answer questions here when people are looking for info about cabins. (But I'm always hoping you'll be along later with your more vast knowledge).

Pete

I'm in awe of your ability with images etc on this forum Pete. Wish MSC would employ you to sort out their site!

You do an amazing job helping people out and I love how you stick to facts and don't lecture people on your own personal preferences.