Ship photographers really messed up this time

Well, I gave the guy a fun day. He walked around and watched some ziplining and even took a dip in the Jacuzzi. His feeleres should be better now!

Top job!! At least his cruise wasn't ruined, devastated and a non-event.

I certainly understand the loss of pictures and much, much more. We lost everything we owned in a house fire in December of 2006 and I can't tell you the pain it caused me. However, life goes on and you really can't let it keep you down, not for long anyway. She will have those memories in her mind and heart and hopefully that will someday give her comfort.. I am sure someone else took snapshots and she will have those to look at too.

• 3 weeks later...
We're really quick to blame the photographer based on nothing but a news report aren't we?

Have none of us ever had a hard disk or memory card work perfectly until the point it goes pfht?

None of us know the photographer didn't check after each picture was taken. Given the photographer does this for a living, I would suggest s/he probably did.

I tend to think it was an equipment failure rather than a human one, just based on my own experience.

As I said earlier, I teach photography. This isn't realistic. If the photographer had checked the photographs, he would've known that something was wrong.

Thanks for putting me straight. Shows how little I personally care or know about rules regarding photography. I didn't realise it was to do with the flash. Why is that? (Just curious).
It's a flash. By definition, it produces a bright burst of light, which is distracting during a solemn religious ceremony.

As I said earlier, I teach photography. This isn't realistic. If the photographer had checked the photographs, he would've known that something was wrong.

Exactly right. I hope that any engaged couple who is searching for articles on cruise weddings, cruise wedding photography, wedding photography disasters, Royal Caribbean wedding packages, cruise ship weddings or any other relevant keywords will find this thread and factor that into their consideration as to whether they will get married on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.

Exactly right. I hope that any engaged couple who is searching for articles on cruise weddings, cruise wedding photography, wedding photography disasters, Royal Caribbean wedding packages, cruise ship weddings or any other relevant keywords will find this thread and factor that into their consideration as to whether they will get married on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.

Just for fun I googled 'cruise wedding photography' and 'wedding photography disasters' and this thread didn't come up on the first page. :D

That being said, I'd be surprised if two cruise lines were close enough in everything else (price, location, cabins, reception, flowers, officiant, etc) that a single example of a bad photography experience tips the scales.

Just for fun I googled 'cruise wedding photography' and 'wedding photography disasters' and this thread didn't come up on the first page. :D

That being said, I'd be surprised if two cruise lines were close enough in everything else (price, location, cabins, reception, flowers, officiant, etc) that a single example of a bad photography experience tips the scales.

No, it can take time. For example, I recently searched on cruise ship music and in the first page or two I found a thread on CC that hadn't been posted to for two years.

This thread certainly could influence an engaged couple . . . I think a lot of brides-to-be could relate to the bride in the associated story, who was absolutely brutalized by several posters to this thread, and that could affect things as well.

Regardless, if people are searching for articles on cruise weddings, cruise wedding photography, wedding photography disasters, Royal Caribbean wedding packages, cruise ship weddings or any other relevant keywords, I do hope they will find this thread and factor that into their consideration as to whether they will get married on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.