EZ Air? Maybe or just plain impossible!

remydiva

I have used mostly EZ Air in the past with good results price wise,convenience and itinerary.

I am looking at some possible future cruises and always check out the air choices BEFORE booking. I note that there are some wild and IMHO, impossiblely short connection times offered.

For example:

Departure

16 OCT 14 YVR 01:11 PM Depart SFO 03:30 PM 2h 19m

16 OCT 14 SFO 07:00 PM Depart FRA 02:45 PM 10h 45m

Flight Arrives 17 Oct 14

17 OCT 14 FRA 04:05 PM Depart VCE 05:25 PM 1h 20m

Return

03 NOV 14 FLL 11:45 AM Return IAH 01:44 PM 2h 59m

03 NOV 14 IAH 02:37 PM Return ORD 05:20 PM 2h 43m

03 NOV 14 ORD 05:58 PM Return YVR 08:32 PM 4h 34m

From experience I know that trying to change plans in FRA with just over an hour is tight as many times the plane 'parks' on the tarmac and you have to bus into the terminal.

But the one that really seems unlikely is the plane change in ORD arriving at 5:20 and next flight at 5:58....38 minutes? are you kidding me?

Not a great way to start or end a vacation when you have to worry about running through airports to catch flights...even with EZ air assurances of next port, blah blah.

Yes I could try and book on my own, pay more money, still have lousy connections as' you can't get to Venice from here' easily in the first place.

Why would EZ Air even offer these super short connections as an option?

Anyone had experience with these super short connections?

They should only be offering connection times that are allowed by the airlines, although you might be switching airlines at those connections. Even so, those are ridiculously short connection times. We have been able to find other flights with better connection times but sometimes slightly more expensive. Our TA also does a sanity check on connection times for us. Interestingly, on occasion he has been able to find cheaper fares and or better connections when he looks using the TA system rather than what the public sees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we have used EZAir, we have researched airline websites, and have in mind which airline and which schedules we like the best. Then we call and talk to Princess and see which of these flights are lffered through them and at what price. We also ask for longer connecting times, as we don't like to feel stressed about whether a delay will make us miss our next flight. We may have to pay a small fee to select our own flights, but it has been worth it. Lately, we have gotten great non-stops for super good prices through them. Good look!

I have used mostly EZ Air in the past with good results price wise,convenience and itinerary.

I am looking at some possible future cruises and always check out the air choices BEFORE booking. I note that there are some wild and IMHO, impossiblely short connection times offered.

For example:

Departure

16 OCT 14 YVR 01:11 PM Depart SFO 03:30 PM 2h 19m

16 OCT 14 SFO 07:00 PM Depart FRA 02:45 PM 10h 45m

Flight Arrives 17 Oct 14

17 OCT 14 FRA 04:05 PM Depart VCE 05:25 PM 1h 20m

Return

03 NOV 14 FLL 11:45 AM Return IAH 01:44 PM 2h 59m

03 NOV 14 IAH 02:37 PM Return ORD 05:20 PM 2h 43m

03 NOV 14 ORD 05:58 PM Return YVR 08:32 PM 4h 34m

From experience I know that trying to change plans in FRA with just over an hour is tight as many times the plane 'parks' on the tarmac and you have to bus into the terminal.

But the one that really seems unlikely is the plane change in ORD arriving at 5:20 and next flight at 5:58....38 minutes? are you kidding me?

Not a great way to start or end a vacation when you have to worry about running through airports to catch flights...even with EZ air assurances of next port, blah blah.

Yes I could try and book on my own, pay more money, still have lousy connections as' you can't get to Venice from here' easily in the first place.

Why would EZ Air even offer these super short connections as an option?

Anyone had experience with these super short connections?

Have you checked Air Transat? I just looked it up.

YVR-LGW 12:20 PM - 07:40 AM Oct. 7

LGW-VCE 12:25 PM - 15:25 PM Oct. 7 on British Airways

I have been flying the same route YYZ-LGW-VCE and it is a breeze at Gatwick.

Return

MIA-ATL 12:30 PM-02:34 PM on AA

ATL-DFW 04:40 PM-06:00 PM on AA

DFW-YVR 07:00PM-09:15 PM on AA

Although there is only one hour at DFW, you are flying the same carrier and it will be their responsibility to get you on that flight. Hope you get what you are looking for.

Have you checked Air Transat? I just looked it up.

YVR-LGW 12:20 PM - 07:40 AM Oct. 7

LGW-VCE 12:25 PM - 15:25 PM Oct. 7 on British Airways

I have been flying the same route YYZ-LGW-VCE and it is a breeze at Gatwick.

Return

MIA-ATL 12:30 PM-02:34 PM on AA

ATL-DFW 04:40 PM-06:00 PM on AA

DFW-YVR 07:00PM-09:15 PM on AA

Although there is only one hour at DFW, you are flying the same carrier and it will be their responsibility to get you on that flight. Hope you get what you are looking for.

Thanks for the info...i shall continue to research...darn that venice for being so far away!

an airport has a 'legal' connection time.

Right.

Even if booking directly with the airline they will allow any "legal" connection time to be booked, so the crazy connections you see with EZAir are also on the airline's web sites.

Of course, sane passengers know not to book a "legal" 30 minute connection in Chicago in February.

I can't quite follow your departure and arrival times, but offer this comment. If at any of the intransit airports you must go through immigration and customs before getting your onward flight you will require extra time. Also if the gates are in different buildings, require ground transport from the plane, like Heathrow, this will also take extra time. We like long connection times even within the U.S. I think you can call EZ air and discuss this directly with them.

I can't quite follow your departure and arrival times, but offer this comment. If at any of the intransit airports you must go through immigration and customs before getting your onward flight you will require extra time. Also if the gates are in different buildings, require ground transport from the plane, like Heathrow, this will also take extra time. We like long connection times even within the U.S. I think you can call EZ air and discuss this directly with them.

Yes you can talk to EZ Air directly but only AFTER you book a cabin. If you book within the 75 days final payment window ie, book now, pay now then you might be stuck with a fully paid for cabin and impossible flights. Its a gamble.