Carnival adds longer itineraries from Galveston - Will RCI follow?

Love the new Carnival itineraries. I am another person that won't be able to enjoy them because of my vacation days. Our owners are workaholics and because they don't take vacations they don't believe anyone else should. And of course this is the executive team making the decisions. They simply do not do the hard work, we do. AARRGGHH!!! They go on week long customer sponsored events 2 to 3 times a year and it's classified as "work". So they essentially get 3 weeks of free vacation plus their vacation days. We get 10 days after the first year, 12 days at 7 years and 3 weeks at 10 years. We cap out at 3 weeks. And taking 2 weeks is unheard of unless it's extenuating circumstances. We have one coworker who is from Europe and they grant her permission to take off 2 weeks.

OMG if I had 6 weeks of vacation I could cruise every 60 days. SWEET!!!:D

Love the new Carnival itineraries. I am another person that won't be able to enjoy them because of my vacation days. Our owners are workaholics and because they don't take vacations they don't believe anyone else should. And of course this is the executive team making the decisions. They simply do not do the hard work, we do. AARRGGHH!!! They go on week long customer sponsored events 2 to 3 times a year and it's classified as "work". So they essentially get 3 weeks of free vacation plus their vacation days. We get 10 days after the first year, 12 days at 7 years and 3 weeks at 10 years. We cap out at 3 weeks. And taking 2 weeks is unheard of unless it's extenuating circumstances. We have one coworker who is from Europe and they grant her permission to take off 2 weeks.

OMG if I had 6 weeks of vacation I could cruise every 60 days. SWEET!!!:D

Unfortunately you have described the culture of too many US companies.

I believe when liberty comes to Galveston I saw a 9 day cruise.

A big reason why I had such an eye on that first 9-nighter the Liberty is doing is it encompassed 2 weekends - would only have literally been 6 days out of the office 'cause we'd drive down Fri. morning of departure (and I just might've been able to come in Friday before skipping town to put out any fires) and come back Sun. night of the following week. Unfortunately, we know this far in advance that's a trade show week, and a payroll week. Which meant giving that up meant ZERO argument doing the last trip on Navigator before she leaves (1-NOV-2015)

If they can sneak in one of these 10-12 nighters and use two weekends it would get a little more possible. Not having to worry about spending a day in the airport on either side hoping the flights go according to schedule helps.

Edited by MichaelCMTX