Royal or Regal Princess Baja Deck Balconies vs. E125

shutterbug63

I am new to Princess and trying to decide between E125 on Regal (and I know Royal is similary). E125 is a forward balcony on the Emerald deck and is listed as having an "extended angled balcony" of 54 square feet.

I am also looking at B733 on the Baja deck. The total square footage for this cabin is listed as 308 s.f. (it's a "deluxe balcony" cabin). Princess rep is telling me that this cabin has a bigger balcony than those on higher decks but it doesn't appear to me from the deck plans that it does.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or a similar cabin on the Royal Princess? Has anyone stayed in E125 (looking for feedback on that as well). Thanks in advance.

I'm considering the forward cabins too. Princess website says the balcony is closed when at sea but reviews say they are open. I also read that the metal walls have been replaced with the normal fiberglass wall. I'm tempted to try it but will probably chicken out.

go on the Princess website, click on ships, click on Regal, and then "deck plans". If you look at Deck 8, click on E125, it is forward, on the starboard side, the description says that the balcony door is blocked when the overhead bunk is down or the sofabed is open. if you look on deck 9, you'll see that balconies below the seawalk and seaview bar are larger "extended" balconies.

The balconies that face the bow of th ship can not be used while at sea, but can be accessed only while in port, at least according to the description that pops up when you click on them.

Anyone know why B733 is listed as 308 s.f.? Princess rep is telling me it has a bigger balcony than other deluxe balcony room, but it sure looks like from the pics I can find that it doesn't.

One thing that I found is that on some cabins they list the balcony size as well as the cabin size. Don't know why they are combining the 2 on some of them such as the Baja cabin you noted. :(

One thing that I found is that on some cabins they list the balcony size as well as the cabin size. Don't know why they are combining the 2 on some of them such as the Baja cabin you noted. :(

Yeah, that's what the Princess rep told me. So if the total square footage is 308, and the standard deluxe balcony is 233 square feet, the balcony on this cabin is 75 square feet, which is much bigger than standard. But...the pictures sure don't look like it. Hence my confusion.

Yeah, that's what the Princess rep told me. So if the total square footage is 308, and the standard deluxe balcony is 233 square feet, the balcony on this cabin is 75 square feet, which is much bigger than standard. But...the pictures sure don't look like it. Hence my confusion.

When looking and trying to decide on booking the Regal the last couple of months I could not tell the difference by looking at the deck plans. The little area noted as the balcony was the same on bigger ones that it was on smaller ones so thats not a good way to judge. I did find the 303 sq ft deluxe ones were pretty much the biggest though in that cat.

(don't remember the exact range that they gave in the cabin description) You may want to grab that one, they don't seem to last. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I am also looking at B733 on the Baja deck. The total square footage for this cabin is listed as 308 s.f. (it's a "deluxe balcony" cabin). Princess rep is telling me that this cabin has a bigger balcony than those on higher decks but it doesn't appear to me from the deck plans that it does.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or a similar cabin on the Royal Princess? Has anyone stayed in E125 (looking for feedback on that as well). Thanks in advance.

In the first two photos of post #5 of the below thread Dave Walker, who did extensive research on the Royal before she sailed last year, has noted the location of B735. Since B733 would be right next to it, you can get an idea of the balcony size of B733 compared to the other staterooms on the starboard side.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1887670

Hope this will be helpful.

Edited - Just found this photo of E125 in post #1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1965662

Edited by MarKay525

In the first two photos of post #5 of the below thread Dave Walker, who did extensive research on the Royal before she sailed last year, has noted the location of B735. Since B733 would be right next to it, you can get an idea of the balcony size of B733 compared to the other staterooms on the starboard side.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1887670

Hope this will be helpful.

Edited - Just found this photo of E125 in post #1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1965662

Those photos are great, I wish we had access to views of the entire ship.

Edited by WonderingWanderer

Those photos are great, I wish we had access to views of the entire ship.

That kind of access would be nice. I actually found the second photo by doing a google search - sometimes you can luck out and find a good post.