Lobster

missy428

While paroosing the NCL board I saw that NCL is starting to cut lobster from its menu, does Carnival still have lobster? I'm going on the Splendor in 8 days (and I'm painfully excited) I would be a little bummed if there was no lobster but hopefully there will be other types of seafood...

While paroosing the NCL board I saw that NCL is starting to cut lobster from its menu, does Carnival still have lobster? I'm going on the Splendor in 8 days (and I'm painfully excited) I would be a little bummed if there was no lobster but hopefully there will be other types of seafood...

Yup. And you can have as many as you want. Some have had marathons anywhere from 15 to 24.

Cruise ship lobster is not very good at all. But to those that like it enjoy. Maybe I got the better taste for our New England lobsters.:)

I live in nyc, I've had Maine lobsters they sell them live in my supermarket. There's a New England seafood spot in Greenpoint Brooklyn with a Connecticut Lobster Roll I'd sell my first born for with its huge prices of claw meat *Homer Simpson drool* That being said, I'm a seafood junkie. I will gladly take unlimited quantities of free rock lobster tail and be very happy. Even if they serve it on cruise elegant night and I have to put on heels to get it....

Maine or Rock lobster ??

More like an enlarged Crawfish. Most Cruise ship Lobsters are variants of the Caribbean Lobster. Not really any claws, but big tails. On the last couple of cruises I have ordered Surf and Turf, because the steak that night is better tasting than the lobster.

I live in nyc, I've had Maine lobsters they sell them live in my supermarket. There's a New England seafood spot in Greenpoint Brooklyn with a Connecticut Lobster Roll I'd sell my first born for with its huge prices of claw meat *Homer Simpson drool* That being said, I'm a seafood junkie. I will gladly take unlimited quantities of free rock lobster tail and be very happy. Even if they serve it on cruise elegant night and I have to put on heels to get it....

Missy I’m also a seafood junkie. I would prefer a nice seafood dinner over any steak dinner. But not ship seafood.

Enjoy your cruise and eat as much lobster as you can eat. Hopefully you’ll eat them all before my next cruise. Just leave me a hamburger.:D:D:D

As mentioned already, lobster is served in the MDR on elegant night. You can also order lobster in the steakhouse and the quality is soooooo much better than the MDR lobster. I ordered the Turf and Surf in the Magic's steakhouse and it was the best steak and lobster that I've ever tasted. :-)

For what it is worth, I do not eat that close relative of the cockroach. That being said, the current menus seem to indicate the lobster these days is Maine lobster, not the spiny lobster of the Caribbean. This is subject to change as Carnival requires supplies of incredible quantities of all foods.

Doc

What is the name of it? Is it a dine in place?

What is the name of it? Is it a dine in place?

Lobster Joint, there's one in Greenpoint and one in Manhattan. You go up, order and they give you a number and you pick a table. They have a great backyard, the food is good and parking is easy to come by (at the Brooklyn location). They have tequila lemonade by the pitcher for $28 and it's literally the best.

Lobster Joint, there's one in Greenpoint and one in Manhattan. You go up, order and they give you a number and you pick a table. They have a great backyard, the food is good and parking is easy to come by (at the Brooklyn location). They have tequila lemonade by the pitcher for $28 and it's literally the best.

Thanks!