meal with officers

What is have a meal with a officer. We will be on Freedom next spring. Only Diamond. Will that get us a invite?

Diamond Plus members at 340 points or more are invited to a meal with an officer on cruises of 7 days or longer. Invitations can go to other guests too, but it is unlikely.

Some people by fluke also have scored invites to captains table

Just let the loyalty manager know or better yet suck up to the maître de

You could score an invite

Don't get your hoped up though

Especially on a larger ship like freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Diamond Plus members at 340 points or more are invited to a meal with an officer on cruises of 7 days or longer. Invitations can go to other guests too, but it is unlikely.

Not true.

We have dined with the Captain, Staff Captain and Chief Engineer on a number of cruises. I believe the number is 8 or 9; and this prior to ever reaching D+.

The cruises were both 7 day and longer.

We have been at the table with Pinnacle as well as first time cruisers.

It is up to the Captain/staff as to whom they choose to dine with them. There is no set protocol.

Not true.

We have dined with the Captain, Staff Captain and Chief Engineer on a number of cruises. I believe the number is 8 or 9; and this prior to ever reaching D+.

The cruises were both 7 day and longer.

We have been at the table with Pinnacle as well as first time cruisers.

It is up to the Captain/staff as to whom they choose to dine with them. There is no set protocol.

The OP was asking about the C&A perk called "Meal with an Officer". I was not describing the selection process for the Captain's dinner.

Edited by clarea

Some people by fluke also have scored invites to captains table

Just let the loyalty manager know or better yet suck up to the maître de

You could score an invite

Don't get your hoped up though

Especially on a larger ship like freedom

The OP was not asking about Dinner at the Captain's Table.

Those C&A Members that have 340+ points are eligible to get an invite to have a "meal" with an Officer and it is only on cruises of 7 nights or longer. This varies by ship. It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner and at various locations.

It also depends on the number of C&A members that qualify on any ship Not all members with 340+ points get invited. On our Rhapsody cruises this past April/May, there was a lunch in the MDR for a very small group of C&A Members on each cruise. I believe it was only 3 or 4 couples that were invited.

Not true.

The above is very accurate and very true.

Edited by cruisenfever

Are there female officers? I'd rather dine with them. Does the Captains table get a special menu? Are his meals in the MDR better than the regular meals off the menu?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dined at the Captain's Table last month on Freedom.

The courses, other than dessert, were essentially the same as the MDR menu that night, except the presentation was a bit different. Example, shrimp cocktail was served in a large goblet, and had extra shrimp. The special dessert was berries and cream served in a praline crunch bowl - very good.

For this dinner we met in Boleros for cocktails, and then went to the MDR as a group. Three wines were served with the courses. Our group consisted of high-points D+ and P (I think we were the lowest at around 300), and the couple that are aerialists for the Sat. show. They were very interesting, and told us that they are more or less permanent on Freedom since their act takes special rigging that does not jump easily from ship to ship.

Are there female officers? I'd rather dine with them. Does the Captains table get a special menu? Are his meals in the MDR better than the regular meals off the menu?

I've had some Captain's table dinners that were completely different than the MDR menu, and others that were the same. Depends on the ship.

Agree with most posts. "Meal with an Officer" is C&A benefit for those with 340 points and up. Most of my experience has been a luncheon in the MDR on a sea day. One officer at each table. Same menu but wine was served. Some ships have a special breakfast. On others it has been dinner at the Captain's Table....sometimes with the Captain, sometimes another officer like Staff Captain, Hotel Director, etc.

'

Our 340 and up meal with an officer used to be dinner and was very formal and very special, great food and wine.

Recently it has become a late breakfast with one mimosa and includes many other C&A invitees. On the last 7 night cruise it was all Diamond and up folks , regardless of points. For our table the "officer" was a clerk from the Britto store. Another time it was a sport deck staff. Both staff were nice, but hardly officers. The perk has really been watered down, perhaps because so many qualify. A few 7+ night cruises it was not offered at all.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

On Navigator in June we had dinner at the Captain's Table with Capt Claus Anderson. It was my first time to dine with him. It was a fixed "fish" menu selected by him. Each course was presented by waiter, Mark, with great flare. Appetizer-Wild mushroom, spinach and roasted pine nut ravioli set on a rich leek & potato soup. Fish Course-Mini Cod Cakes with a spicy curry sauce and spiced fruit chutney. Sorbet Course-Rainbow and Expresso Sorbet with a hint of Bailey's and mint. Main Course-Pan Seared Filet of Tina served with Dill butter and Asparagus Spears. Dessert-Chef's Dessert sampler, three beautiful mini selections. All served with wine. It was a very nice dinner:)

RCCL has two female captains, Karen on the Majesty and Liz in the Vision. On my June cruise on the Vision, a dinner with the captain was one of the ship's raffle items for the Make a Wish Foundation. It went for $500.

Yes there are female officers of various ranks including two Ship's Masters, Captain Lis and Captain Karin.

There is usually a special menu but whether or not it is better than the regular meals off the menu can be a subject of debate. On this year's Brilliance eastbound transatlantic cruise there were two special luncheons held, one for higher level C&A members and one. a day or two later, for Cruise Critic members. The special menu was actually the same at both events. On both occasions almost all of the 5th deck dining room was filled with participants.

RCCL has two female captains, Karen on the Majesty and Liz in the Vision. On my June cruise on the Vision, a dinner with the captain was one of the ship's raffle items for the Make a Wish Foundation. It went for $500.

Very happy to hear about Women Captains

On this year's Brilliance eastbound transatlantic cruise there were two special luncheons held, one for higher level C&A members and one. a day or two later, for Cruise Critic members. The special menu was actually the same at both events. On both occasions almost all of the 5th deck dining room was filled with participants.

This was one of the best perks ever for the entire Cruise Critic group that signed up for Meet and Mingle. Just another example of why it is so great to cruise with CD Clo O'Connor!

Edited by PSCruiser
error

On Navigator in June we had dinner at the Captain's Table with Capt Claus Anderson. It was my first time to dine with him. It was a fixed "fish" menu selected by him. Each course was presented by waiter, Mark, with great flare. Appetizer-Wild mushroom, spinach and roasted pine nut ravioli set on a rich leek & potato soup. Fish Course-Mini Cod Cakes with a spicy curry sauce and spiced fruit chutney. Sorbet Course-Rainbow and Expresso Sorbet with a hint of Bailey's and mint. Main Course-Pan Seared Filet of Tina served with Dill butter and Asparagus Spears. Dessert-Chef's Dessert sampler, three beautiful mini selections. All served with wine. It was a very nice dinner:)

Menu sounds wonderful for those who love fish - however I know several people who won't touch it - I guess you would have to decline - and how would you know whats being served before hand? My father was allergic to most fish so stayed away from all of it.

Menu sounds wonderful for those who love fish - however I know several people who won't touch it - I guess you would have to decline - and how would you know whats being served before hand? My father was allergic to most fish so stayed away from all of it.

The Loyalty Ambassador told us it was the"fish" menu. Although I think I would have preferred the "meat" menu, the food was quite good and something I would not have tried on my own.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

You really don't know what is going to be served. But, if find that you can not eat what is on the menu presented to you, just mention that when they come to take your order and they can replace it with something else from the standard menu being used in the MDR.

I remember a dinner with Captain Claus when he was on Radiance. I experienced an upset stomach because of rough seas just before dinner, and all I was able to eat was a roll, soda crackers and a glass of ginger ale.

Edited by cruisenfever

Filet Mignon is another choice on the menu at the Captain's table.

The OP was asking about the C&A perk called "Meal with an Officer". I was not describing the selection process for the Captain's dinner.

I had never even heard of this C&A perk before now. Thanks for the explanation. We are a few cruises short of reaching D+ so not going to be concerned about this at all. Interesting to know however.

Maybe one day and invite will come to join the Captain for dinner. I never 'expect' it.