HELP: Visum for china

Mellis2312

We are going on our asia cruise the 28 of Sept.

On the 7.-9-10- of october the ship stays in beijing, than we have on day on the see and arrive the 12. of october in Shanghai where we stay in a Hotel for 2 days.

My question is, do we need a visum with 2 entrances to China or with 1 entrance?

Big problem, because nobody gives me any answer. SOmebody have been there before? Chines duty is very strict, if there is any mistake they wont let us go on land.

so please, i need urgently help, because our passports are ready for the chinese embassy.

Hope to get an answer from Celebrity aswell, in the moment they havent been very helpfull with us.

thank you

From my various business trips in China I would say multi entry. There is very little cost difference so to be safe I would go for that and you have all bases covered

We did a cruise into China this past spring. I got a dual entry visa and it appears that they only stamped one of the entries even though we were in Beijing for three days then at sea again with a port in between then landed in Shanghai.

I would err on the side of caution and get a dual entry. The cost isn't much extra but will cover you in the event you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had 3 days in Beijing also, and one in Shanghai last year. We got a double entry but I think many on the ship said that because we never left the territorial waters of China, one would have been sufficient. As has been said, I would do the double entry to be safe.