Sun Dresses

Do any of you ladies where sundresses for the entire cruise? I love them and it seems it would be easier than trying to figure out outfits for each day and would make the packing easier and lighter which makes for a happier husband. This is my first cruise and we are going on Carnival. Just trying to figure out if I really need to bring more than one pair of shorts. I figure shorts and a tank top for port days with my bathing suit, and sundresses and maxis for the rest of the cruise. What do you ladies wear? :)

I wore a dress every day. I did pack a pair of shorts but didn't have any reason to wear them. Dresses are so easy as there is no need to match anything.

On the days when we went to the beach, I wore my bikini under my dress.

No way am I walking around Italy and France in shorts and trainers!

I just moved from MD to TX via NY. 14 days travel and visiting time. To include a wedding. I got everything in a carry on. All sun dresses. They roll up nice and small and all were knit or wrinkle free fabric. I don't even own a pair of shorts that can be worn in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I plan on mostly packing comfy dresses for our upcoming med. cruise and land tour of Italy. I recently started wearing Jockey Skimmies under my dresses and they are really comfortable and provide good under-coverage! It's a cardinal sin in my family to check a bag so I'm hoping dresses will help with fitting two weeks of clothes in a carry-on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course, much depends on your itinerary. You would pack different clothes for day wear for an Alaskan cruise and even for a Hawaiian one (if going between November and April, you may get cool weather on deck the first couple of days and the last couple of days), as you would for a Caribbean cruise.

For smart casual dinners, sundresses are great. You can dress them up further by putting a pashima or shawl around your shoulders (I find some dining rooms and interiors of ships too cool without a wrap). I also like gauzy long skirts that I can match up with all sorts of tops. For formal nights I often go with a cocktail length dress.

Our last three cruises were two week ones and I brought only two additional pair of shoes (of course worn my sturdier shoes). I'm not a shoe person.

I love to wear sun dresses and to avoid that dreaded " thigh rub" and those unexpected gusts of wind...wear bicycle shorts or similar underneath. I find this outfit much cooler and really is seeing a pair of knickers any worse than bikini bottoms.... ;)

Cheers and enjoy your cruise

OMG YES! This is exactly what I do for our cruises, and it works like a charm!

I mostly bring maxi dresses, which tend to have a straight cut to the bottom and don't billow out much in the wind. I wear these all day in port walking around or as a cover up. For dinner I can dress it up with cardigan (if it's chilly), nice shoes and jewelry!