Caribbean Princess E722. Is the noise from engine too loud?

michelle.zhang.90

You won't hear any engine noise although there may be vibration. Emerald deck is a lot of decks above the engines. You are more likely to hear or be bothered by the ship's thrusters as it enters port than anything else. Otherwise, very quiet.

Edited by Pam in CA

You won't hear any engine noise although there may be vibration. Emerald deck is a lot of decks above the engines. You are more likely to hear or be bothered by the ship's thrusters as it enters port than anything else. Otherwise, very quiet.

Thank you Pam! Is the thrusters really loud?

First off, in E722, you're never going to hear any engine noise. You may hear some wave action against the hull, but never any "engine noise". As others have said, you will certainly feel vibrations when the ship is using its thrusters in port (and there may be some noise transmitted from parts of the ship/cabin that are vibrating), but in most all cases, this will be short-lived. For 99% of the rest of the voyage, you'll be able to listen to the symphony of the sea... :)

It will be pretty quiet, those cabins go fast so if you are holding it I would suggest keeping it.

Yes I'm holding it now. Thank you! Compare with those mini suites in dolphin deck, which is better? We kind of like the open balcony but quiet and space is more important to us.

First off, in E722, you're never going to hear any engine noise. You may hear some wave action against the hull, but never any "engine noise". As others have said, you will certainly feel vibrations when the ship is using its thrusters in port (and there may be some noise transmitted from parts of the ship/cabin that are vibrating), but in most all cases, this will be short-lived. For 99% of the rest of the voyage, you'll be able to listen to the symphony of the sea... :)

Many thanks! Great!

Why not dolphin deck? Just curious:)

The balconies are covered. On Dolphin, they are open. It is nice to have shade or covered if it may rain.

BTW - I have a friend with your same name and was wondering if you were her. But she doesn't have 2 young ones.

The balconies are covered. On Dolphin, they are open. It is nice to have shade or covered if it may rain.

BTW - I have a friend with your same name and was wondering if you were her. But she doesn't have 2 young ones.

Lol! Ah I see! How big chance will it rain in Dec? Have never been that area before.

Lol! Ah I see! How big chance will it rain in Dec? Have never been that area before.

If it is the Caribbean, we have often cruised in December and often had 1 day of rain. It wasn't all day rain but for a few hours.

I am sure it is hit or miss.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Caribbean/average-temperature-rainfall-december.php

Edited by Coral

If it is the Caribbean, we have often cruised in December and often had 1 day of rain. It wasn't all day rain but for a few hours.

I am sure it is hit or miss.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Caribbean/average-temperature-rainfall-december.php

I see. Debating now:) really hope we get some breeze from the ocean, but not the wet balcony.

Will there be any breeze from the ocean at all? Or it's just like a ocean view room with "bigger view"? :)

No, real balcony and there will be just as much breeze as on dolphin deck. Really, these cabins are often wait listed. They are great. More privacy as the dolphin decks everyone can look down on.

You will get both sun and shade at times.

I would mark the cabin "do not upgrade" as I love these cabins so much better than Dolphin.