Dessert in NYC???

kootz

My hubby and I are staying pre cruise at Radio City Apartments on 49th street. We are meeting up with family and attending a play that evening, a tuesday night performance. Can anyone tell me where we can go after the playfor maybe dessert and drinks? The play starts at 7pm so it would still be sort of early. Thanks in advance...

Serendipity III is a great little restaurant with wonderful desserts, and they are legendary for a concoction known as frozen hot chocolate along with other good desserts. You will probably have to take a cab to get there from the theater, but it is not an expensive or lengthy cab ride at all. If you can get one of those Fodor's dining guides to NYC at a local bookstore, you will never go wrong with any of the restaurants listed in there.

Have you stayed at the RadioCity apartments before? I have heard they are terrific for the price and you can't beat the location being next to Rockefeller Center, right near most of the Broadway theaters, and near 5th avenue.

I don't know how late the restaurant in Trump Tower stays open, but one of the best meals we had while in NYC last March was lunch. We missed seeing the Donald having lunch there by about 30 minutes.My daughter did get to pose for a photo with his crony, George, who was having lunch at the same time we were and who was on his show, The Apprentice.

That might still be close enough to walk to and I am sure their desserts would be great! Hope you have a great time in NYC, we sure did!

Kootz,

Take a taxi down to Little Italy and walk along Mulberry Street. There are a ton of dessert places.

Or go to Veniero's on 11th Street and 1st Ave. It's a pastry shop and dessert cafe. There's often a line, but it moves very quickly as there are plenty of tables.

If you want to stay in the theatre district, go up to the revolving bar at the Marriott Marquis for drinks and dessert. The view is spectacular.

JAne

Actually the best place EVER to get dessert in NYC is in Greenwich Village... There is a place called Magnolia Bakery... and it is the best place ever... regular people and celeb alike wait in long lines just to get something from there. Their Red Velvet Cake is TO DIE FOR!!! It is just a take it and go place, but it is VERY much worth the visit. Take the RED line subway and get off on Christopher St./Sheridan Sq stop... From there you can walk up one block on 4th street... take left one block to Bleeker... and then right a few blocks... You won't regret it!

Archived